Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes to coon

Comment

Eaten both but no more armadillo after leprosy discovery.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have eaten plenty raccoons and a few possums, but I'm not eating an armadillo.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Ate raccoon pretty regularly growing up (dad had a pack of hounds). Usually barbecued. It was OK from what I remember.

You couldn't make me eat possum after seeing one crawl out of a decomposed cow's a@@.
            That is a picture to imagine!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
              I’ve eaten raccoon once or twice and found it a little to greasy for my taste. Have not tried armadillo, but I’ll eat anything dipped in batter and deep fried. What is “quarter batter”?

For those concerned about leprosy, wouldn’t the cooking process kill the bacterium?
              I think he means to quarter them up then batter and fry them.

Comment

Makes sense. Thanks!

Comment

Of all the critters to eat and y’all eat armadillo. Yuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never tried Coon, but grew up eating dillos in South Texas when I was a boy. I had an uncle that knew how to make them like Bar B Que.

Comment

Great grandma would butcher armadillos, quarter and batter with eggs/milk and flour. They need to be processed and make sure the innards are in tack and the stomach is not opened when gutting. Good eating. We were raised on them, as we were dirt road poor. No choices ate lots of raccoons too. Sold hides back in the 70’s when the market was strong and used the meat. Like I said. Dirt road poor and proud. We lived off the land and was proud of what we had. If we harvested my dad would use it for supper. Different world for some, but things were harder back in the day.

Comment

Just haven’t been that hungry yet.

Comment

Hoover hogs!!! That used to be a thang during the Great Depression!!

Comment

No and no....
                            Not that I wouldn't if I was hungry.
                            But then I've been lucky enough not to be really HUNGRY for a long while now. ;-)

Comment

Have eatin both, & they were dang good, however with that being said my Dad grew up in the depression & hunted anything to feed himself & 8 siblings. I guess all that practice back the paid off cuz that man could make both of those taste amazing, in fact won quite a few wild game cook offs with both

Comment

Working...
                              X