Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    Well come on with it then!!
    Either start the party, or shut the hell up.
    That's the thing.....they won't start the party anywhere it matters nor will they shut the hell up. All they do is bully easy targets and bump their gums non stop.

Comment

Forcing this vote before the election would drive the left insane, causing them to flip the senate. Trump may have it in the bag, but the senate isnt in the same boat.

Comment

Watch this video of Lindsey Graham. That seems pretty ironclad that he won’t vote for a nomination before an election. And he’s the current chairman of the judiciary committee. And he’s in a contested senate race. Will he flip flop and consider a nomination before the election and risk his chances of re-election? The senate can lose 3 votes and still push the nomination through. You know Romney will be one of those 3. Will Trump’s chosen nominee even accept the nomination under these controversial circumstances. It isn’t as simple as Trump and McConnell agreeing to push it through. There are at least 49 other senators the need to convince. It looks like there are I think 23 republicans up for senate re-election this year and 11 of those are contested races. How many of those senators are willing to put their necks on the line to push this through?

Cruz isn’t up for re-election this year so he can say whatever he wants. And he’s unlikely to lose his seat anytime soon no matter what he does so there’s no risk to him. The same can’t be said for the other 52 republican senators.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
          Forcing this vote before the election would drive the left insane, causing them to flip the senate. Trump may have it in the bag, but the senate isnt in the same boat.
          The Senators at risk will not bring it to a vote if they think there is a chance of this causing them to lose their seat. 3 can vote no(save their seat) and Pence can still cast the deciding vote. Or 3 can not vote on it at all and the nomination passes 50-47. We all know Romney will not be on board so there are two spots to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
            Exactly. Is a Supreme Court seat worth losing the senate majority. I would say most definitely yes, but can you convince the republican senators who are in tight election races to vote yes and potentially become sacrificial lambs and lose their seats for the greater good.

I’ve got to imagine being a senator is pretty awesome and it would be difficult to voluntarily jeopardize your seat for the greater good. How many of them are that noble? They’re all career politicians so that number has got to be close to zero.

Comment

So much wrong with peoples posts in this thread......

First - It's not like this was a sudden death no one saw coming. Heck most thought she would have died 10 years ago and then again 4 years ago..and then 1-2 years ago. Simply amazing she lasted as long as she did. So the new pick should have been picked out years ago.

Second - Did someone really say Rep's shouldn't do something or they would be hypocrites? LOL

Third - What have we come to when we all already know Dems will fight,sue etc the election results? Think about how stupid that is for a minute. Don't try to fix whatever issue there is. Instead leave it grey so you can fight when you don't win.

4th - All this talk about Senate seats scared of not getting re-elected. They need to know if they don't push for this they will NOT be re-elected. It works both ways.

Comment

the 9th seat could be is critical if we have a contested election.
                What the heck is wrong with our memories? If the situation were flipped, the Dems would happily jam a knife right through both your cheeks and watch you suffer.
                Trump was completely ready for this, he knew the clock was tickin.
                Full steam ahead baby !!! MAGA !!!

Comment

And Tim with the truth hammer !

Equally disappointed and honestly, floored , at some of these “don’t do it” responses. What world are you guys livin in?
                  Last edited by JLivi1224; 09-19-2020, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
                    https://mobile.twitter.com/YahooNews...ection-year%2F

Watch this video of Lindsey Graham. That seems pretty ironclad that he won’t vote for a nomination before an election. And he’s the current chairman of the judiciary committee. And he’s in a contested senate race. Will he flip flop and consider a nomination before the election and risk his chances of re-election? The senate can lose 3 votes and still push the nomination through. You know Romney will be one of those 3. Will Trump’s chosen nominee even accept the nomination under these controversial circumstances. It isn’t as simple as Trump and McConnell agreeing to push it through. There are at least 49 other senators the need to convince. It looks like there are I think 23 republicans up for senate re-election this year and 11 of those are contested races. How many of those senators are willing to put their necks on the line to push this through?

Cruz isn’t up for re-election this year so he can say whatever he wants. And he’s unlikely to lose his seat anytime soon no matter what he does so there’s no risk to him. The same can’t be said for the other 52 republican senators.

If Lindsey graham tries to hold this up in any way. He’s done. DONE

Comment

by the way, maybe we need to organize friendly riots ( same as dem friendly protests) on Mick Romneys house immediately....

Comment

Even if Trump wanted to do something before election people like this will come into play.

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death Friday has put a spotlight on a handful of unpredictable Republican senators.

Comment

This will be interesting to watch play out for sure. I don't have an immidiate "we should absolutely do this or that". I was in legislative policy and politics for 18 years. There are unlimited brilliant stratigists who will brainstorm this out for a decision. You're probably not one of them. There are so many dozens of considerations needed for more dozens of consequences (positive or negative) for one person to get it right on day one. Man, I'd love to be in on those discussions. Strategy was my delight back in the day and opposing views to achieve the same goal were always fascinating. When coming from smart people I respect, and likewise from them, it's a beautiful process.

As far "dance on her grave"? Come on guys. Agree or not agree with her views, this is a human with a family. You don't know her relationship with Christ when we took her last breath. Try a "what would Jesus do" gut check here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Whatever Trump does will be right, he's outflanked the so-called "experts" every time!

Comment

Boom...

Trump urges Republicans to fill Ginsburg vacancy 'without delay'

President Trump on Saturday made a pitch to Republicans to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court left by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, saying they have an “obligation, without delay!”

Comment

But what does “without delay” mean? I feel he is toying with the left and it will not be filled until November 4th or longer

Comment

Working...
                                X