• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by densonfrnc View Post
    Dr Stanley

Dad is doing ok good days and bad lots of good days lately
    Ty for asking
    Glad to hear he is still kicking!

Interested to know how the surgery does. I have been to him for my shoulder. He said it is arthritis. My wife went to him the other day with the same, but much worse, problem, but she was seen by his Nurse Practictioner? She liked him.

Comment

I havent had rotator cuff but i had my Labrum done on my left and need it done on my right now. Best advice is dont quit Physical therapy early.. I quit after my shoulder started feeling okay but was still supposed to go to PT and it never healed correctly) It wasnt fun and didnt feel great.

-Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Stykbow View Post
        Get an Ice machine that circulates ice water on the shoulder, also a recliner. You may not be able to sleep in the bed and will need a recliner for a few weeks. Good Luck !
        A friend said that Ice Machine was his best friend...

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
          A friend said that Ice Machine was his best friend...
          I had one after my surgery and it was amazing! 10/10 would recommend this

Comment

I've had 4, 2 on each shoulder and pretty much everything they have said is true. Out of the 4 I had one nerve block and I'll never do that again. When it starts waking up it feels like it does when your leg goes to sleep but it last for about two days.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
              I've had 4, 2 on each shoulder and pretty much everything they have said is true. Out of the 4 I had one nerve block and I'll never do that again. When it starts waking up it feels like it does when your leg goes to sleep but it last for about two days.

Thats interesting, i had a block done too but when i woke up i didnt feel anything like that. I woke up and didnt even know i already had surgery lol. Maybe they had me on some good meds and i just didnt feel it

Comment

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
                Thats interesting, i had a block done too but when i woke up i didnt feel anything like that. I woke up and didnt even know i already had surgery lol. Maybe they had me on some good meds and i just didnt feel it
                Oh it was great when I first woke up, like nothing had ever happened like you said. It was a day or two after when it started to wear off is when I had all the stinging feeling that lasted for a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                  Oh it was great when I first woke up, like nothing had ever happened like you said. It was a day or two after when it started to wear off is when I had all the stinging feeling that lasted for a couple of days.
                  Dang that sucks, Maybe because i started the Ice circulation sleeve right away and alot i just didnt feel it. That block was strong though i didnt even remember going back for the Anesthesia.

Comment

I had it done first of Dec 2013 right shoulder tore rotator cuff tore bicep and removed bone spurs. Ice machine makes a world of difference. The entire thing was pretty miserable could not sleep laying flat for like 6 weeks, had to sleep in a recliner. When I was in PT I asked about shooting a bow which he did not have an answer for but he did help come up with a few exercises that could help. Long story short i was able to go on an exotic bow hunt at the end of Feb. Drawing the bow back wasnt bad but when I did there was no letting it down had to shoot it. Anyway depending on when you get it done your bow season is necessarily over. Good luck!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X