Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AirForce Texan Carbine .457 earns it keep first time out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AirForce Texan Carbine .457 earns it keep first time out.

I picked up a Texan Carbine .457 about 2 weeks ago determined to make it my night hunting rig. I contacted DonnyFl and told him I wanted to keep it short but quiet. He sent me a invoice and I paid it, not 100% sure what I was getting. The gun showed up on a Saturday and by Sunday evening had my Wraith, bipod, and sling mounted. The DonnyFl package showed up the middle of the week. Got it installed that weekend and decided to sight it in and hunt the same night. I shot a decent 55yd group with some extra 290 grain HP slugs from V.I.P. So I headed to the stand. First group came in right at dark but would not come all the way. They turned and walked off. About 10 minutes later my camera is sending pics that they went to my other feeder. Waited all night til about 5:30am the next morning. Heard squealing and grunting And another group came in. Watched them thru the scope for a bit trying to figure out which one needed to go. A big sow busted in and looked like she was about to pop. She won, I lined up on her and waited for the right shot. She made the mistake of giving me that shot. First shot she dropped and pigs scattered. One ran almost all the way to my blind, fatal mistake 2 nd shot and second pig down. Reloaded and seen another pig stop and look back towards the corn, another fatal mistake. 3rd shot hit just behind the last rib on the left side and exited at the right shoulder. That one made it into the trees about 25 yds. I reloaded again and put anchoring shots on the first 2 pigs. All was quite again. Waited til daylight to go check everything and to see if I could find the 3rd pig. I knew then this will be my only nite hunting rig for awhile.
    I have everything on video and will post it when I get it all edited. All said and done I fired 5 rounds and all 5 hit the mark. The work begin then.

AirForce Texan Carbine .457

Sightmark Wraith

V.I.P. Slugs 290 gr HP

Long write up, but I cannot express on how well this gun preformed the first time out. Can’t wait to get out again this 4th of July weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice looks like you have a serious addiction

Comment

Wow! Nice work Chris!

Comment

Not bad, sounds like fun. I still want one of those Airforce Texans myself, probably in .457, also.

Comment

Nice rig buddy

Comment

Cool gun. I looked it up, around $1200 for the gun. How much was the package deal?

Comment

That's what I am talking about. Nice shooting, making that single shot move fast.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                Not bad, sounds like fun. I still want one of those Airforce Texans myself, probably in .457, also.
                I will be listing a Texan LSS .457 in about a week for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                  Cool gun. I looked it up, around $1200 for the gun. How much was the package deal?
                  How I have mine set up, you are looking at under $2k. Great thing is no paperwork on it or keeping quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                    That's what I am talking about. Nice shooting, making that single shot move fast.
                    Action on this gun is very smooth and with 4 of these Texans, I have spent a lot of time behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                      Very nice looks like you have a serious addiction
                      Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Wow! Nice work Chris!
                      Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                      Nice rig buddy

Thanks guys!!

A very legal addiction is always good.

Comment

Awesome Chris

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                          Awesome Chris
                          Thank you

Comment

Great job Buddy! Sounds like a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
                              Great job Buddy! Sounds like a blast.
                              It has been a blast!!!

Got another boar down tonight. Will get pics in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X