Ask an Immigrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask an Immigrant

If you look at my posting history, I may have started a couple of threads since becoming a member in 2006. I bet both of them involved asking a technical question of the brain trust. I only respond to posts when I can offer some personal expertise. Having said that, I want to share something with you.

I recently had the opportunity to visit with an immigrant. He moved to this country as a child escaping religious persecution. Make no mistake, his father was extremely successful but felt the need to escape before circumstances became dire and he(my friend) was given the seed money to start his own businesses in the U.S.

If you ever question the foresight of our forefathers, please talk to an immigrant. If you ever question the need to change the principles of our great country, talk to an immigrant. They’ll tell you, just as my new friend did, this is the greatest country in the world.

God bless and celebrate the 4th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your friend is the type person that should be featured as a guest speaker in schools. It will never happen but it should!

Comment

Amen. I was having this exact conversation yesterday. Legal immigrants take our flag and the pledge VERY seriously. In many cases coming to America saved their lives. Legal immigrants are more patriotic than millions of natural citizens out there.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        Amen. I was having this exact conversation yesterday. Legal immigrants take our flag and the pledge VERY seriously. In many cases coming to America saved their lives. Legal immigrants are more patriotic than millions of natural citizens out there.

You are right. Talk to a legal immigrant and regain your perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Comanchehunter View Post
          If you look at my posting history, I may have started a couple of threads since becoming a member in 2006. I bet both of them involved asking a technical question of the brain trust. I only respond to posts when I can offer some personal expertise. Having said that, I want to share something with you.

I recently had the opportunity to visit with an immigrant. He moved to this country as a child escaping religious persecution. Make no mistake, his father was extremely successful but felt the need to escape before circumstances became dire and he(my friend) was given the seed money to start his own businesses in the U.S.

If you ever question the foresight of our forefathers, please talk to an immigrant. If you ever question the need to change the principles of our great country, talk to an immigrant. They’ll tell you, just as my new friend did, this is the greatest country in the world.

Where I work we have entire neighborhoods of immigrants. On the rare occasions I get to pick their brains you can just tell that appreciate this country much more than a Whole lot of natural born Americans

Comment

Originally posted by Comanchehunter View Post

No doubt about it, I have worked with a lot of expats over the years from all over the world that never leave the US. I’ve recalled a lot and there is no place like the USA. Not saying there aren’t places I’ve enjoyed visiting but this is the greatest place on earth to live. That’s why it hurts so bad to see people trying to destroy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
            X