X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Monday)

Daily Bible Portion – 2 of 7
    "SEND FORTH"

(Weekly Reading>>Numbers 13:1 to 15:41, Joshua 2:1-24, Hebrews 3:1 to 4:16)

Contamination

If Israel was to be a conquering army Moses would naturally want to know the weaknesses and the strengths of the enemy. This would help formulate the battle plan and reveal how to cleanse the land. There is good fruit and there is bad fruit. The sizeable fruits brought back from the land revealed the truth, but the feedback from the ten leaders and the contaminated fruit from their unbridled mouths brought a contradictory story.

Their vivid imaginations over-reacted to what their natural eye saw. This lie planted doubt in the Lord’s promises that threatened to destroy Israel’s confidence. Lies are the work of Satan. When the leaders responded to fear, the camp became infected and responded likewise. Israel hastily believed in a strangers voice over the Lord’s. Without a thought, they brushed aside the Lord’s signs and wonders among them, His daily miracles, His presence in their midst and His promises to them (John 10:5).

Luke 11:34 “The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good,your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness.”

John 10:4-5 “And when he [Jesus] brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.”

When leaders do not believe the Lord/Yahweh’s Covenant word for themselves they cannot impart it to others. A lack of sanctification cannot impart confidence. The Lord’s physical fruit was literally in their hands. This was the witness of the good land. The leaders negative report broke the bond of covenant and prevented God’s future blessings in their lives.

This great heresy continued and by evening the slander had infected the whole camp. The people turned against Moses and Aaron with talk of appointing another leader to take them back to Egypt, the land that had given them misery and death. In spite of the deep rebellion and personal attack against him, Moses and Aaron fell on their faces before the community and interceded on their behalf saying,

Numbers 14:18-23 “Yahweh is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He by no means clears the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation. Pardon the iniquity of this people, I pray, according to the greatness of Your mercy, just as You have forgiven this people, from Egypt even until now.” Then Yahweh said: “I have pardoned, according to your word; but truly, as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of Yahweh - because all these men who have seen My glory and the signs which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have put Me to the test now these ten times, and have not heeded My voice, they certainly shall not see the land of which I swore to their fathers, nor shall any of those who rejected Me see it.

Joining Moses and Aaron in deep anguish over their fellow tribal leader’s critical appraisal were Joshua and Caleb. They tried to reason with the people, extolling the Lord/Yahweh’s great promises to them and the goodness of the Land, but to no avail. Through the pandemonium the assembly talked of stoning them and at the height of it all Yahweh appeared before the Tabernacle.

Could This Be Us?

In the past how many of us have held Torah in our hands and viewed it as dead works proclaiming we are “no longer under the law”? Like the Israelites at Kadesh Barnea, if we reject His word, it is not God who brings desolation upon us but ourselves. Out of our own mouth we condemn ourselves. The people could not see that this very same law/Torah they cursed was designed to bring life. A test is not intended to harm the Lord’s people but to build courage and faith in the hearts of men. Courage is learned, not imparted. Overcoming worldly ways that could lead to destruction will enable God’s truth in believers to empower them to walk upright into their promised inheritance (eternity). Sadly few find its path.

Matthew 7:14 “Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

1 Peter 2:8 “They [the Israelites at Mount Sinai] stumble because they disobey the message - which is also what they were destined for.”

2 Thessalonians 2:9 - 17 “The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those [believers] who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved [the uncircumcised fruit of their sinful nature was still evident in their lives versus the fruit of sanctification that comes by true repentance/salvation]. And for this reason God will send them [believers who are lawless – not walking in Torah principles] strong delusion that they [lawless believers] should believe the lie that they [lawless believers] all may be condemned who did not believe the truth [the gospel given at Mount Sinai] but had pleasure in unrighteousness [lawlessness/unrighteous behavior, character and attitude]. But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren [thosewho walk in Torah principles witnessed by the fruit of their testimony] beloved by, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification [to walk in a righteous holy lifestyle] by the Spirit and belief in the truth [Torah – obedience to His teaching and instruction], to which He called you by our gospel [Yeshua’s commandments spoken at Mount Sinai], for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach. Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions [Torah: Yahweh’s teaching and instruction] which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle. Now may our Lord Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.”

Joshua and Caleb

The Lord/Yahweh’s principles state that two witnesses are required to establish the truth even when opposed by many people. Joshua (an Ephraimite) and Caleb (the tribe of Judah) were the witnesses for the whole House of Israel. United together with unfaltering hearts they upheld Yahweh’s word, His plan for ALL of Israel and future generations - ours included.

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X