Tax in vs Tax out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax in vs Tax out

Found this state by state report of balance out vs. balance in with regard to federal taxes.

Quite a few points to be made from this data, but I'll start with this one:
    Folks freak out about federal dollars when secession is mentioned.

Going its own way would cost Texas 5%. We'd keep our money in Texas, cut 5% off of what we "get back." Do you think the federal machine eats up more than 5% to administer giving us our money back?

We could have roughly equal military, social services, etc. It would only take a 5% cut from what we already pay.

Look at the electrical grid. We need significantly more infrastructure to power Texas reliably. How much natural gas leaves Texas vs what is needed?

I'd be curious how many military members come from Texas vs other states.

Not saying you're wrong, but there is far more to it than a 5% variance in receipts and expenditures.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      Look at the electrical grid. We need significantly more infrastructure to power Texas reliably. How much natural gas leaves Texas vs what is needed?

Not saying you're wrong, but there is far more to it than a 5% variance in receipts and expenditures.
      Mostly this. I mean you could simply eliminate unnecessary handout/welfare programs and save way more than the 5%, BUT, its not that simple.

Remember what happened the last time a state (or group of states) decided to leave the union?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Isn't Texas the only state in the US with its own entire electrical grid powered from within?

Comment

How much will the Texas military cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
            How much will the Texas military cost?
            I'm feeling like maybe we can cut the costs back a little bit by not blowing up countries on the other side of the world. Just a hunch.

Comment

United we stand divided we fall.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                United we stand divided we fall.
                Well it is starting to look like united we fall also. What then?

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                  Well it is starting to look like united we fall also. What then?
                  I think we will see a huge turnout come November but in the event Trump was to lose, well let's cross that bridge when we get there.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                    Isn't Texas the only state in the US with its own entire electrical grid powered from within?
                    Sort of. Will try to keep the explanation simple. All electrical grids in North America operate at ~60 hertz. However, Texas 60 hertz is different from the USA 60 hertz, so much so that when Texas ties into the US power grids, an ACDC conversion station is required, which fixes the hertz variance and marries the systems up. This is a super simplified explanation, but generally is what's happening.

Texas 60 hertz actually matches Mexico's 60 hertz far more closely.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                      Found this state by state report of balance out vs. balance in with regard to federal taxes.

Quite a few points to be made from this data, but I'll start with this one:
                      Folks freak out about federal dollars when secession is mentioned.

Going its own way would cost Texas 5%. We'd keep our money in Texas, cut 5% off of what we "get back." Do you think the federal machine eats up more than 5% to administer giving us our money back?

We could have roughly equal military, social services, etc. It would only take a 5% cut from what we already pay.
                      Another way to think about it is Back the USA, instead of a pipe dream. Be an American first, nothing wrong with being proud of being a Texan, but this is the United States of America.

Comment

But is it truly the UNITED States of America anymore? Historically this country has been bound by common ideals and beliefs that transcended the states. In the last 10 to 15 years the US has slowly begun to evolve into arguably 3 separate regions (East and West coast plus Middle America). In the last 4 years this evolution has increased rapidly and the argument could be made that we are fast approaching a state of "irreconcilable differences".
                        What do you do when the ruling class is diametrically opposed to the beliefs and will of the governed? I'm afraid we are a lot closer to the end of the Republic than the vast majority of the population realizes.

Comment

Give em both coasts and build a wall around austin instead of mexico,It Would work

Comment

Working...
                          X