Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a new blind...want it to be my last one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new blind...want it to be my last one.

I've built a few blinds in the past and think I'd like to buy a fiberglass one that will last many years. I've looked at the Krivoman ones but at 6'4" diameter, I'm worried it will be too small, especially if they're measuring at the base (and it tapers going up). I've also seen the Redneck blinds and really like the Big Country blind they offer. They're obviously a much more expensive option.

I can always google blind manufacturers but I'd like to get firsthand knowledge of them with opinions. Are there others that the GS would recommend?

Not fiberglass, but will last, Ranch King.

Comment

Following

Comment

I picked up a blind for a friend in Henderson Tx at the fiberglass factory. I don't see it on their website but you may try and call them. https://www.fsiweb.com/ It was well built and plenty heavy.

Comment

We've got a fiberglass one that we've had for about 12yrs. As long as you paint it every 3yrs or so, they seem to last pretty good. Make sure it has quality latching windows.

I did recently hunt axis out of a Ranch King which I thought was literally brand new and it was 10yrs old, solid, no maintenance and was amazing. I'm getting one before the season starts.

Comment

I just put up a new Krivoman, and it is pretty large. Really impressed with it for a bow blind especially at the cost. The other ones we use that have lasted a long time are the Dillon MFG. fiberglass blinds. Like mentioned above, keep them painted every handful of years, and you are good to go. Plus if you damage one from dropping it, etc... you can repair them with just the basic fiberglass skills you can learn on YouTube.

Comment

Check out Boss Game System deer blinds.

Comment

I just did went thru this........I checked out Krivoman as you and it looks to last a life time, no paint needed same color through out the plastic and the plastic it very thick.

Fiberglass will probably last for well over a decade provided a you paint in every several years. As far as Fiberglass goes of the ones I'd checked out Big Country, not be confused with the one made by Red Neck. Big County's foam board is 3/4" and I really like the windows, very well constructed. I drove up to Brownwood to see one. Also, Big Country's price is pretty reasonable.
                Boss is also a nice fiberglass blind, but more expensive. https://bigcountryblinds.com/
                Last edited by Ungawa; 06-29-2020, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                  I picked up a blind for a friend in Henderson Tx at the fiberglass factory. I don't see it on their website but you may try and call them. https://www.fsiweb.com/ It was well built and plenty heavy.
                  Hey, they look like they are blessed.
                  Last edited by Ungawa; 06-29-2020, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    Not fiberglass, but will last, Ranch King.
                    X2

Comment

After hunting out of a few Redneck blinds this past season, I'm convinced they're one of the best on the market. Everything about them is silent and seals up tight.

Comment

I have a bow blind that I bought off of one of our lease members when he got off. I only have one picture head on but it is very durable and was built to last. He was 6’ 6” and was an offensive lineman in the nfl. The door is an RV style door and has a lock with key. I could let it go for $1,600. If you have a good stand placement to put it, it would be the last stand you have to ever set up. It has an RV style door too. The first pic is is the blind (green). The second pic is another gun box blind (I would not get rid of) I bought from him just so you can see the style door. When he built these blinds 2 years ago, he copied the Atascosa design. This blind is located at my deer lease south of San Angelo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out http://tankblinds.com/ I have several other brands and have built some myself but these are very nice.

Comment

I have two Krivoman Blinds. For the money they are great. The wind doesn't catch them like square blinds and 2 seasons in they are water tight and keep the bugs out. We just need to work on a couple mods for them. Flooring, ledges or hooks for gear. Other than that they are great.

Comment

Ranch King and Atascosa have served me well.

Comment

Working...
                              X