This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    I think you would have to look at all sports as a whole. Not just football.
    Nope football is all that matters, the $$$ says so

Comment

That can't and won't happen.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I sure hope Kansas is ok in all of this......

ac

Comment

can't wait to see the college gameday signs.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            I think you would have to look at all sports as a whole. Not just football.
            I'm guessing you aren't aware of the inequity of income between college football and the other sports. The distance has really accelerated and grow over the last 2 decades, if it was about all sports OU and UT would not be moving conferences.

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
              [ATTACH]1056886[/ATTACH]

Plot thickens.

Did we read that all the way through..[emoji23][emoji23] or is my sarcasm meter broke.[emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                I'm guessing you aren't aware of the inequity of income between college football and the other sports. The distance has really accelerated and grow over the last 2 decades, if it was about all sports OU and UT would not be moving conferences.
                So all other college sports will cease to exist?

Again I doubt that.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  So all other college sports will cease to exist?

Again I doubt that.

No they will still exist but many schools will park their non football sports in different conferences or even separate conferences for separate sports, thats already happening with some schools. College football is on the verge of becoming big enough regional matchups don't matter, its the biggest schools/fanbase that matters, why else would USC be talking with the Big 10 now.
                  Last edited by SC-001; 07-27-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                    can't wait to see the college gameday signs.

I’ve been thinking of this a lot. Tailgating is going to be crazy this year. It’s going to be fun.

Texas is gunna Texas. Call ins were good today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Did we read that all the way through..[emoji23][emoji23] or is my sarcasm meter broke.[emoji41]
                      Tap tap tap.

Comment

If talking football only, I like the European soccer model. I’m sure it’s been discussed here at sometime or another. Have 3 tiers. Top tier by whatever metric and 20-30 teams. Bottom 5 of each tier move down to the next tier, top 5 move up. Each tier divides the money between teams that particular year. Top 2 teams of the top tier play for a national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                          I’ve been thinking of this a lot. Tailgating is going to be crazy this year. It’s going to be fun.

Texas is gunna Texas. Call ins were good today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Will it be weird if the LHN becomes the "SEC West Channel" with primary offices in Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                            If talking football only, I like the European soccer model. I’m sure it’s been discussed here at sometime or another. Have 3 tiers. Top tier by whatever metric and 20-30 teams. Bottom 5 of each tier move down to the next tier, top 5 move up. Each tier divides the money between teams that particular year. Top 2 teams of the top tier play for a national championship.
                            That would be very interesting like the feeder series in golf or racing the top performers in a series move up the underperforming ones get cut.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              That would be very interesting like the feeder series in golf or racing the top performers in a series move up the underperforming ones get cut.
                              I realize it would never happen because these powerful conferences would have to give up control and power, but it is fun to entertain.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                Will it be weird if the LHN becomes the "SEC West Channel" with primary offices in Austin.
                                I can definitely see a push for this, except TX having to share a network with other teams. So won’t happen

Comment

Working...
                                X