The Hog Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hog Book

My book came in today. It’s The Hog Book, A Chefs Guide to Hunting, Butchering & Cooking Wild Pigs by Jesse Griffiths. I’ve seen him several time on Meateater and is a hog cook extraordinaire. The book is really a complete guide. He does a great job of explaining how to hunt them, for those that are new to it.
    Myself, I was much more interested in the butchering and cooking aspect. It is really pretty cool because he shows different ways of butchering different sized pigs. And the recipes look incredible.

I ordered the book online several months ago, so it took a while to come in. If you want to order one, you would need to go to the Meateater Podcast and find the website, haven’t tried looking the book up online. If you like cooking hogs, I highly recommend to get your hands on this book. Best part is I am headed to the lease this weekend with hogs on the agenda, and new recipes to try, can’t wait.
    Attached Files

I want the book. But I’m still probably cleaning one pig a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jesse is a great guy and awesome in person. If you ever swing through Austin stop by the shop/restaurant and visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
        Jesse is a great guy and awesome in person. If you ever swing through Austin stop by the shop/restaurant and visit.

He is way smarter with cooking than I will every be and absolutely an artist. But listening to him on Rogan the other day talking about how he doesn’t want to hunt things other than what we have in Texas throws me off. I guess different strokes. I want everything not in Texas but I’ve done most of the Texas stuff. [emoji1743] like I said he is way smarter than me ha

Comment

<

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post

The wife and I stopped by his restaurant last Spring, I was a bit disappointed because Covid had seriously limited what they could get in and the choices on the menu. The food was still excellent & we will make a return trip.

Comment

This may be of use to me. I stopped shooting hogs because of the cleaning. I’d had carpal tunnel surgery in both hands and now they can get “labor bound” easily. They will literally stiffen up while I use em. Comes with the territory.

Comment

I got to hunt with Jesse a few times. He's a good dude.

Comment

I ordered a copy for my Brother (Dopehunter on the green screen) and it came in yesterday as well. It was supposed to be in for his birthday, but they took longer getting it off the press than expected. I didn't open it from the wrapping yet but was very tempted to do so last night. I guess I should have ordered two copies... hopefully he lets me borrow it on occasion!

Comment

Can’t wait for my copy

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                      This may be of use to me. I stopped shooting hogs because of the cleaning. I’d had carpal tunnel surgery in both hands and now they can get “labor bound” easily. They will literally stiffen up while I use em. Comes with the territory.
                      Out of curiosity, would a knife with a bigger handle help? My hands cramp up and stuff with small handles. Got a knife with big handle and no more issues

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                        He is way smarter with cooking than I will every be and absolutely an artist. But listening to him on Rogan the other day talking about how he doesn’t want to hunt things other than what we have in Texas throws me off. I guess different strokes. I want everything not in Texas but I’ve done most of the Texas stuff. [emoji1743] like I said he is way smarter than me ha

I want the book as well. But I agree with the only hunt things in Texas comment, kinda weird since you can just drive to a different state instead of flying…. But whatever

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                          I want the book as well. But I agree with the only hunt things in Texas comment, kinda weird since you can just drive to a different state instead of flying…. But whatever

Part of the reason for his only Texas animals is because he tends to cook stuff that he can find sourced locally in Texas it’s kind of his niche

Comment

Working...
                          X