No announcement yet.

Snake. What kind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have to take Y'all word for the ID. But it is not a pit viper so should not be killed. Just my $.02.

Comment

They're almost as docile as a King. Leave them alone and they'll do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by lockout View Post
        Red on black, friend of Jack.
        Red on yellow, kill a fellar.
        Ha ha

Comment

That one fits in the category of, unknown by me. By the shape of the body and some of the markings, I would say copper head, but the head says non venomous. The light colored stripes, completely throw me off. To me it looks like some non venomous snake bred with a copper head. Whatever it is, I have never seen one before.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
            That one fits in the category of, unknown by me. By the shape of the body and some of the markings, I would say copper head, but the head says non venomous. The light colored stripes, completely throw me off. To me it looks like some non venomous snake bred with a copper head. Whatever it is, I have never seen one before.
            Vertical bars on the lower jaw shows its nonvenomous. Cant go by the shape ofthe head because snakes will flatten their heads out to make it look bigger than it is.

Definitely broad banded water snake.

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
              Definitely a water snake. It shouldn’t have to go far these days looking for water.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              X2, good one Muzzyslingr

Comment

Copper head.
                Attached Files

Comment

Got to know your snakes.. Good post! If you're not sure ask...

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                    Vertical bars on the lower jaw shows its nonvenomous. Cant go by the shape ofthe head because snakes will flatten their heads out to make it look bigger than it is.

Definitely broad banded water snake.
                    Correct.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                      Copper head.
                      Good one, Mark!

Comment

Working...
                      X