Aborted road rage incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
    I’m not talking about physically assaulting someone.

If you are acting like a jackwagon, then you should be treated like a jackwagon. Not like a disabled jackwagon.

Not describing you in anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with that totally.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
      Sounds like brandishing aka "disorderly conduct" in Texas.
      Texas allows open carry. While still sitting in the car, i pulled the shirt up over the gun. He couldn't even see that.

Other than open carry my handgun, i didn't do anything i hadn't planned to do 2 hours earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
        Texas allows open carry. While still sitting in the car, i pulled the shirt up over the gun. He couldn't even see that.

Other than open carry my handgun, i didn't do anything i hadn't planned to do 2 hours earlier.
        I'm confused, in the original post it says:

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
        So I pull my shirt out from my concealed pistol, making it plainly visible, and we get out of the car and walk over to the entrance
        if that is the case your intent was to intimidate... You can open carry in Texas but you can't carry with the intention to intimidate those around you.

Best to just keep on driving brother and avoid confrontation entirely.

Comment

The handicap placard is for parking privileges, not driving. I’m sorry, but people shouldn’t get to hide their poor driving skills behind a handicap placard and everyone else just accept it.

That is exactly why I decided to monitor my driving. I don't want to be that person.
          Mostly i don't use the handicap places as if i can walk around the store, i can walk an extra 50' to the door. In this case, it was all that was available. I don't have handicap plates on either vehicle, and my placard runs out in 2020. i will wait and see how my health goes to see if i renew it.

Comment

Then let them steal your joy...I don't care. I give them the irk pass & go on about my day.

I notice the plates & why I asked if he had them on his vehicle.

The handicap placard is for parking privileges, not driving. I’m sorry, but people shouldn’t get to hide their poor driving skills behind a handicap placard and everyone else just accept it.

Comment

I forgot, i left the gun open carried the whole time we were there, and i don't think anyone even noticed, and i was sort of on alert, and made sure i looked at everyone making sure he didn't come back.

Doesn't really matter when the gun was uncovered, i did nothing illegal. Now if i waited til i got out of the car, then uncovered it, the you could say i used it for intimidation.
              For the record, i don't believe in open carry. Logic told me if i got out of the car, made sure he could see the gun, ignored him and went about my business, he would go away, and i would be totally within my rights to not run away.
              If he didn't go away, well, it didn't come to that, did it.

Comment

I think him seeing you pull into the handicap spot changed his tune even if he never saw your weapon...still, you did the right thing because clearly the handicap are in season & due equal access to thuggery.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  I think him seeing you pull into the handicap spot changed his tune even if he never saw your weapon...still, you did the right thing because clearly the handicap are in season & due equal access to thuggery.
                  I thought about that when i pulled in there. He either thought, well here we go, or dang, i honked at a handicapped person. Would like to know what he was thinking when i got out and walked away, and started talking to my friends.
                  Had to wonder if he was setting there with a pistol in his hand.

I like to think he was thinking what kind of an impatient idiot he was, because that's what i was thinking, but alas, most people don't think like i do.

Comment

Sadly that area ain't what it used to be. Glad it worked out ok for ya. I avoid that mall for that reason.

Comment

I have not been in the mall for years. I grew up in the Oates / Galloway area, when Galloway was Barnes Bridge and all of the main roads were blacktop 2 lanes. My street was the last street in any development, all the way to Belt line rd, which is Broadway now, and I635 was farmland. Mesquite aint ever been utopia, and it hasn't gotten any better.

Comment

Good thing Road Rager didn’t see your brandished gun and take off to get “the boys” and come back. Risky move and most definitely antagonist regardless of legality. Lots of implications by introducing a gun into any kind of conflict. Glad I’m reading about it here and not Fox News.

Comment

Good job OP! Don't let the holierthanthou crowd get you down. Showing some arseclown who's acting like a badarse that you don't have time or patience for his nonsense is not intimidation........it's a " I'll be your Huckleberry "moment!

Comment

What sandwich did you order?

Comment

Italian with light veggies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradical BH View Post
                                Good thing Road Rager didn’t see your brandished gun and take off to get “the boys” and come back. Risky move and most definitely antagonist regardless of legality. Lots of implications by introducing a gun into any kind of conflict. Glad I’m reading about it here and not Fox News.
                                Yep, or hearing about how some mean old redneck cut a poor innocent little kid off who werent doin nothing wrong then followed him into a parking lot and attacked him with a evil assaulty concealed gun.

Nothing holier than thou about it... the road rager deserved to have his azz kicked but the real world has laws, cops, lawyers, judges and consequences that are better off not dealt with if it can be avoided. Especially when lethal force is involved, no one wins in this situations.

Comment

Working...
                                X