AR15 on deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
    I definitely need to put more time at the range.

Lucky for me I live less than 1/2 mile from my local range and les than 4 miles from our family property that I can shoot 1200 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My cousin(fireball) shot this one last year, believe he was using a 62gr Hornady.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
        Lucky for me I live less than 1/2 mile from my local range and les than 4 miles from our family property that I can shoot 1200 yards.

Nice! I live about 30 mins from the closest range and theres no range around here that reaches passed 400 yards

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post

Works wonders. 64 grain Winchester super x to high shoulder on spike and neck on the 6 point. Never had a deer run off, like they all have said it’s all on placement.

Your rifle certainly does the job as is evident in your picture, but if you turn your scope mounts around you can keep both mounts on the receiver of your rifle and still keep your scope where it is now. Having half your mount on the handguard can cause some scope movement issues. Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
            Your rifle certainly does the job as is evident in your picture, but if you turn your scope mounts around you can keep both mounts on the receiver of your rifle and still keep your scope where it is now. Having half your mount on the handguard can cause some scope movement issues. Just my .02

You are very Corect. Not sure what I was thinking when I did that. It has since been fixed [emoji1360]

Comment

After the first 30 post or so I thought he was asking about using his AR for the harvest not the round. I have one that shoots lights out at 200yds with flip ups. I say if you are comfortable shooting the AR you have go for it. Of course shot placement is the key.

Comment

I shot a few deer back when the only barrel for the AR was .223 and the only "hunting bullet" was 60 gr Nosler partition. Worked good for me!

Comment

Working...
                X