X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
      My time to go, it's my time to go. Whether it be by car, horse, plane or meteor
      Flying....I would worry if it's the pilot's time to go.

Comment

Always remember, the pilot doesn't want to crash any worse than you do!!!

Comment

and lots of shiny Cirrus planes come down.

Paint is one of the last things I worry about.....

today's flight, I had a female captain and a male sky waitress, and neither seemed to be in an especially good mood - but I just assumed they were both mad at their boyfriends, and got in my seat quietly.

Comment

I would fly it all day and every day. You see the looks are like that because she is a work horse. I am not paying for Purdy.

The A&P Mechanics that maintain this aircraft have only one thing in mind. YOUR SAFETY.

Case in point. I joined the USAF in 1977 as an Aircraft Mechanic. Assign as a Crew Chief on a B-52D at Carswell AFB. This aircraft was built in 1955 and seen over 200 mission over Viet Nam and looked Hammered Whale *****. But every night I busted my arse to make sure she would fly a crew to the target, bomb the crap outa the enemy and return them to me safely.

Don't mind the looks every time. It's what inside.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
              I'm a 30 year aircraft mechanic for AA (not Eagle). That aircraft is well maintained. I'd put my family on it. Much more likely to die driving to the airport and way more likely to crash due to pilot error than mechanical failure. You probably have socks older than the captain who flew it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              44 Years as a Aircraft Mechanic (AMT) (24 USAF/20 SWA) I will agree.

Comment

Wouldn't bother me

Comment

I flew American Airlines for a trip to Alaska, never again. They don't take care of their equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    Nope. What bothers me is the fat butt flight attendant banging my elbow and shoulder waddling up and down the tiny isle.

Gary

Weightist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Flying....I would worry if it's the pilot's time to go.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That old workhorse will be flying long after the shiny hangar queens are sent to the desert.

Comment

Wouldn't bother me at all. Very exacting maintenance schedules on all airplanes that are mandated. Paint is cosmetic.

In the general aviation world you can have an old junker with shiny new paint and think its a great airplane or a perfectly maintained airplane with the newest of everything except paint and think its unworthy. Bout same for commercial airlines. Its all perception not fact.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                            That and there has been more new “pretty” planes crash in the past year than that tested and true plane.

Ya, because airlines in third world countries don’t want to train pilots properly, fix mechanical issues that are “no fly” problems here, and increased levels of automation have lead to a degradation of pilot skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by riverrat1 View Post
                              make sure the pilot attaches his kill switch
                              lol. :d

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                                44 Years as a Aircraft Mechanic (AMT) (24 USAF/20 SWA) I will agree.

Coker, I’m SWA inflight based in DAL. Where you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X