Texas Dall Head found on I-20, west of FW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleB20 View Post
    My daughter was coming to visit from Weatherford to Benbrook. She called and said there's some devil looking head on the highway, want me to turn around and get it? Heck yeah. Looks like a Texas Dall to me, but I'm no judge. It has been caped out and was in a plastic bag. Has a few new scrapes, but still intact. I have no room in my freezer, so it's cooling in ice chest for now. Call or text me if it's yours...817.368.3337

I'll upload in next post, need to switch to tappatalk.
    I just posted on Texas Exotic saying he had a door on trailer open up and lost a paint and Addax. That looks like a Dall not a paint. Everyone agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
      I wouldn't post too much info about the location. That's about the only detail about the ram that only the owner would know. I wouldn't put it past folks now a days to wrongfully claim it.
      Agree. I would ask someone to show my a field picture. I'd imagine something that big there would be several field pics.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
        I would agree posting on Texas Exotic Reloaded. I know someone said they were going to post on there but I haven't seen anything yet.
        I asked to join, waiting their approval.

Comment

I just posted on Texas Exotic saying he had a door on trailer open up and lost a paint and Addax. That looks like a Dall not a paint. Everyone agree?

Don’t get me too lying, they all look like goats to me [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter was coming to visit from Weatherford to Benbrook. She called and said there's some devil looking head on the highway, want me to turn around and get it? Heck yeah. Looks like a Texas Dall to me, but I'm no judge. It has been caped out and was in a plastic bag. Has a few new scrapes, but still intact. I have no room in my freezer, so it's cooling in ice chest for now. Call or text me if it's yours...817.368.3337

I'll upload in next post, need to switch to tappatalk.
            I just gave this guy your number. He says that he lost a Dall, Paint, and Addax. Latch came off his trailer and says cops helped him look for it. He was hauling a bunch of mounts to taxi in Georgia.
            Last edited by PROD49; 05-22-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I would think if he was hauling that far they’d be in a cooler for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I just gave this guy your number. He says that he lost a Dall, Paint, and Addax. Latch came off his trailer and says cops helped him look for it. He was hauling a bunch of mounts to taxi in Georgia.
                He called me. He's already in Georgia. Won't fit in either of my upright freezers, it's 35" tip to tip. Anyone in west Fort Worth have space in a chest freezer?

Comment

You could go ahead and cape it out, freeze the cape and saw the horns off. That would preserve what is needed for Taxi

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    You could go ahead and cape it out, freeze the cape and saw the horns off. That would preserve what is needed for Taxi
                    I'd have him make a rangements with a local taxidermist near you. I did this with my bull elk last year as I shot it day 1 of 10 day hunt. Paid local taxi to Cape and freeze till my buddies were ready to drive back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

He called me. He's already in Georgia. Won't fit in either of my upright freezers, it's 35" tip to tip. Anyone in west Fort Worth have space in a chest freezer?
                      how far west is he willing to come get it back assuming its his?

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                        I would think if he was hauling that far they’d be in a cooler for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        ^^this

Comment

Apparently, they were frozen when he left, somewhere in west Texas. He's sending his daughter to come get it from Gatesville.

Comment

That’s surprising, hopefully the rightful owner can get it taken care of.

Comment

So they found the addax and paint and not the daul ?

Comment

What a bizarre deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X