Ranger Polaris 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranger Polaris 800

Looking at a Ranger 1 seater. specs show over all length 10 feet, over all width 5' 21 inches. Does anybody know the actual wheel base width. Would a 5 foot 5 inch wide by 10' trailer work? TIA

Check the width again. 5ft 21in, is an odd way to advertise 6ft 9in.

If its 5ft 2in, the width is tight but doable. I would be concerned with the length and tied down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

It will fit on a 5X10 BUT it would be a squeeze. You would also have to be VERY careful to make sure the sides (gas tank area) will clear the tailgate portion of the trailer. More specifically when loading & unloading.

A 6X10 fits a full size Ranger PERFECTLY.

Comment

Decided to just buy a 6 x 10. Thanks fellows.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
          Decided to just buy a 6 x 10. Thanks fellows.
          Spend an extra $200 and get a 14'er. You'll be happy you did later and having dual axles towing a $10k machine is much safer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            Spend an extra $200 and get a 14'er. You'll be happy you did later and having dual axles towing a $10k machine is much safer.
            Thanks I am looking now. can't decide fold up ramp like I have now or no ramp and use ramps that you put on each time. What do you prefer.

Comment

Fold up ramp, hated using the heavy ramps, loading and unloading. The 14 ft i just bought for our Mule has the spring assist 4ft ramp, its nice since my wife can unload and load the mule with no problems. But i also have an 18ft that doesnt have the fold up gate for longer items if needed. If it was only to haul a utv/atv fold up ramp all the way.

Comment

Like said a above no way in he!! i would pull a ranger a long ways on a single axle trailer. i have 8-9 different trailers and the only single axle i have i use to pull behind the ranger. Good thing about double axles if you blow a tire you can chain it up and get on home if need be. As cheesy as trailers are now days you better go overkill..

Comment

I wouldn’t get the fold up ramp. Reason being if you are ever hauling anything right at the correct length, the fold up ramp can cause clearance issues. When i haul the golf cart on my 5x8 I have to back it on to fit, if I don’t the back seat footrest hits the ramp.

Comment

I haul my ranger and kids 400cc honda on a single axle 14 footer all the time. But, I had it built with a 5200# axle and a heavy frame. I prefer no gate in the rear for extended gates and less wind drag.

Comment

I wish I would have spent the extra coin and bought the tandem axle 6x12 instead of the single axle I have. Mainly just for piece of mind while towing. However, I will say I have towed my Ranger on it all over the state and never had an issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X