Employee "Stole" From Me: What to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employee "Stole" From Me: What to do

I know i messed up, but I prepaid one of my good hands a few hundred dollars when we got rained out all week. He has shown up for an hour of work since then, made 50 excuses why he cant come for the past two weeks etc. Now he blocked my number, and his wife blocked me on Facebook. Its not the money that matters but its the principle. Is there anything I can do or do I just eat it and let karma and the good lord handle it?

you did the right thing, I'd let Karma catch him. Good luck on finding new help

Comment

I'd let karma takes its toll.

Comment

I imagine bad 'ol Ms. Karma will collect all you gave him plus a little more.

Comment

yes sir...HE will work with him.....it is not your problem anymore

Comment

Ahhh, man...it happens. You did a good deed and got burned for it. Don't let it stop you from helping out your people in the future. I'd write it off....unless I saw him somewhere.

Comment

You did the right thing...…..
              Live and learn...…
              Move on..…..

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Ahhh, man...it happens. You did a good deed and got burned for it. Don't let it stop you from helping out your people in the future. I'd write it off....unless I saw him somewhere.
                Was hoping you'd chime in, thank you sir!

Comment

Give him a chance to right his wrongs, when he doesn’t well then he just stamped his termination for “theft”.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonSlinger View Post
                    Give him a chance to right his wrongs, when he doesn’t well then he just stamped his termination for “theft”.
                    He texted me saying he'd call, but still hasn't. He's had plenty of chances

Comment

Same type situation happened to us recently. Guy got a lot more than a couple of hundred bucks. But you did the guy a solid and he burned you, it will come back to him in spades, and to you as well. Things always even out in the end.

Comment

Post his number on here and we can all text him saying you hired us to track him down and collect your money.

In the end karma will come back to get him. If he’s had plenty of time to make it right I’d cut my losses with him even if he decides to show back up in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                          Was hoping you'd chime in, thank you sir!
                          I can't count how many times I've been screwed over by people that I employed, but treated like family:

One longtime employee charged thousands of dollars of gas in his wife's car. When we caught it, went back and looked and it had been going on for months. Had several people charge personal stuff on their company credit cards.

Had a project manager buy about $100k worth of dirt from a new company we'd never dealt with before. There was only about $80k in the bid so it threw up a red flag. When I got nosy and had somebody check his company truck we found a check stub from that company made out to him for $9,000. When I fired him, his wife trashed me on Facebook for firing her "loyal" husband. Of course she didn't know why he'd been fired.

Helped pay for a guy's mom's funeral....TWICE. He forgot that he'd already used that one. I still chipped in.

I've got so many more that aren't worth mentioning and I'm sure a bunch that have slipped my mind. There are some crappy people out there.

When you care about your people, it makes you a little vulnerable. That's OK. I'd rather feel good about who I am. You would too.

Comment

I can get you Karma’s phone number, he can pay him a visit..

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              I can't count how many times I've been screwed over by people that I employed, but treated like family:

One longtime employee charged thousands of dollars of gas in his wife's car. When we caught it, went back and looked and it had been going on for months. Had several people charge personal stuff on their company credit cards.

Had a project manager buy about $100k worth of dirt from a new company we'd never dealt with before. There was only about $80k in the bid so it threw up a red flag. When I got nosy and had somebody check his company truck we found a check stub from that company made out to him for $9,000. When I fired him, his wife trashed me on Facebook for firing her "loyal" husband. Of course she didn't know why he'd been fired.

Helped pay for a guy's mom's funeral....TWICE. He forgot that he'd already used that one. I still chipped in.

I've got so many more that aren't worth mentioning and I'm sure a bunch that have slipped my mind. There are some crappy people out there.

When you care about your people, it makes you a little vulnerable. That's OK. I'd rather feel good about who I am. You would too.
                              Yes sir, I'm a good hearted guy and I treat my employees like family as they make my paycheck every week. Sometimes you just gotta sort through the bad apples.

Comment

Working...
                              X