6.5 Grendel AR problems, looking for ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BigMethod View Post
    which bcg are you running with this ghost upper? also did you get the 20" or 24"
    Not real sure, likely a BCA. It was a freebie when I bought the original barrel. I got the 20”. Thought about the 24”, but that gets too long with the can on it for hunting.

Headed to the range shortly to play. Going to let the kid shoot it under match type conditions. He was saying the other day he wanted to try the PRS game with me. Going to shoot the 18” steel at 615 yards 2 times, then transition to a 345 yard 8” plate 4 times, then back to the 615 2 more times, on a 2 minute clock. Should be relatively easy with a gas gun.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
      Said screw it and pulled the barrel and returned it today. Didn’t want to waste any more time or effort on it. Put the store credit towards an assembled upper from Ghost Firearms. Primary had them on sale. Shot it this evening with the Hornady Black and Hornady SST’s, both 123 grain. Little over MOA from both. Moved over to the 350 steel and rang it 6 times in a row once I figured out the holdover. The scope I have on it right now doesn’t have dialable turrets or reticle, so I had to guess. Took 5 or 6 to get on it. Then moved to 615 yard steel and I hit it first shot on a WAG holdover. Then hit it 12 of 14 between me and my buddy that was along for the ride. Satisfied with this upper. Now time to go into load development.
      Do you know whether you got the Elite or Vital barrel? They are still on sale and I am looking hard at getting one.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
        Do you know whether you got the Elite or Vital barrel? They are still on sale and I am looking hard at getting one.
        No clue. Are there any barrel markings to look for?

Comment

At $1.00 a round, cheap barrels become expensive barrels very quickly. Just buy a tbox, faxon, LaRue, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X