No announcement yet.

Furthest confirmed kill !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only bow hunters would criticize a man over a deer running 80 yards and piling up with a rifle shot that sounds like was better shot placement than most arrows are....It’s an animal get over it

Comment

haha, you said little miniature zebra

Comment

I'm just guessing that if he was able to walk up to her ans use the knife....she was almost dead anyway. She went 80 yds and piled up. Great shot and it worked.

Every day or 2 during archery only there are "need a tracking dog" threads. And probably half of those the deer isn't found.

He was practicing at long range and making kill shots. That is probably more than most "bowhunters" on here can say. If he can make that shot every time it is better than a guy with a bow shooting a 10" group at 30.

Comment

Perfect example why i quit sharing hunts on a hunting site. Good shot Hoyt

Comment

My 13yo son, wife, couple of friends, some guy here working on our heater, have all shot pigs at the feeder that is 336 yards from our porch. I tee it up for them pretty good with the lead sled. I missed a raccoon at that distance though. I won't let my son shoot a deer farther than 150 or so. We don't practice enough.

Comment

There is a different point of reference between rifles and bows. I'm not a fan of the long range pursuit type thing. I feel the same way about the long range shots on game with a bow.
              Doesn't take away from the fact Hoyt made a great shot at long range.
              Some really talented shots like Tim Wells make long shots on game. But to me that doesn't make Tim Wells a better bowhunter. Just a better long range shot. I wonder how many guys like him wound that end up edited out.
              And I have to wonder if you Hoyt would have posted about that shot if it were a bit more back and after the 80 yard track she jumped up and ran off leaving no blood trail instead of a cut throat. Would you then have called in a dog? Most of us don't for a doe. Trophy buck is different.
              I used to shoot 500 meter silhouettes. It was fun.
              My longest, and one of my last, deer killed with a rifle was 265 yards. I shot a coyote at 285 an hour before that. That's when I put it down and decided if I didn't fill the tag with my bow I would eat tag soup.
              Everyone has to find their own way. If that is the OP's way then that's fine. I'd bet he got a rush out of it just like I did on the doe I shot at 10 yards with my longbow the other day.
              I'm just not sure where the line is between a shooter and a hunter.
              I guess in the end I'm not qualified to make that decision so I'll just keep doing what I do and let others do what they do as long as it's within the regulations and laws.

Gary

Comment

Keep shooting!!! P I S S on the haters

Comment

Originally posted by nativeaustin View Post
                  My 13yo son, wife, couple of friends, some guy here working on our heater, have all shot pigs at the feeder that is 336 yards from our porch. I tee it up for them pretty good with the lead sled. I missed a raccoon at that distance though. I won't let my son shoot a deer farther than 150 or so. We don't practice enough.
                  I bet that is one service call he will never forget! Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                    Read it again.
                    Ok.
                    Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 01-12-2019, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Nice shooting. A 22creed kills very well. I’ve handled several does with it using 80.5 berger’s and 78gr tsx’s at 3420 and all have been drt where they stand. Lung shots. 22-250 will do it too. Granted distance will handicap I never shoot beyond 250 using them.

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                      Except this one didnt kill. It just hobbled the deer enough to allow the man to slit her throat.
                      Everything said here was covered up there ^^ So this wasnt really a necessary explanation with rollie eyes ��

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                      Ok.
                      I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful if thats how you read it.

Comment

Everything said here was covered up there ^^ So this wasnt really a necessary explanation with rollie eyes ��

I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful if thats how you read it.
                        He’s always trying to hammer on long range shooting. As are several others. Just because they can’t do it, they think nobody can. A bunch of bow hunters, most of which rarely kill anything with any weapon, and a bunch that need tracking dogs, want to hammer on a guy who practices with hundreds of shots, knows his equipment inside and out, knows wind calls, elevation, pressures, humidity, etc. to make a long distance shot. Flinging an arrow out of a bow that someone else tuned or isn’t tuned at all, with a broad head they didn’t tune to the bow....likely shot field tips and screwed on a broad head that “shoots like a field tip”. Shot a few arrows the week before season and went hunting. Called a tracking dog after letting the deer lay for 12+ hours in Texas in October. Yeah. Let’s hammer a gun hunter about ethics!! Hammer a guy that knows more about his weapon of choice than you do....some don’t and won’t get it.

Good shooting brother. Congrats on the doe!!

Comment

Is there a such thing as a mini zebra, I'ma go Google that.

Comment

Impressive shooting, I’ve never even been anywhere that I could shoot steel/paper past 250 so can’t imagine what it takes to go that long

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                              Glad you didn’t lose her but to me it was a bad idea and not very ethical. To each his own though.
                              Agree with this. At that range it's not really hunting anymore.

Comment

Seems to me it’s a good thing he didn’t ask for anyone’s opinion on what they believe is hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X