Help me pick a 22 mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
    is not on your list but would go with the Marlin bolt in .22 mag.
    I miss mine way too often.
    Maybe an old one, but I'm anti anything Remington

Comment

Originally posted by txag View Post
      maybe an old one, but i'm anti anything remington
      ?? Marlin.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
        ?? Marlin.
        Remington bought Marlin (don't remember the exact year)

Comment

I bought a Henry lever action 22LR. Octagon barrel. All blue no gold. Came with a skinner peep from the factory. I’m sure they make it in WMR. I like it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            Maybe an old one, but I'm anti anything Remington
            I agree,, the older real marlins were tack drivers, just don't care for Remington or remlins

Comment

Let me throw another one in the mix but you cannot get them anymore since the semi-auto ban except on the used market and there are some new ones out there if you are patient. That rifle would be the Heckler & Koch model 300. You will pay a premium for them today but in my opinion, they are very well worth it.
              They have polygonal rifling and hit really hard. I have one I bought back in the late 70's and use to use it for close in calling for coyotes, red fox, bobcat etc. It is an awesome rifle and extremely accurate.

Comment

Not one of your two choices but I have a Magnum Research Magnum Lite 22 Mag, and man that is accurate sweet gun

Comment

Netween the two of those I would get the CZ but I would suggest a Magnum Research with the carbon fiber barrel and hogue stock.

Comment

I have the CZ 452 american and the Henry H001 both in 22lr.
                    The CZ is super accurate. Did I say it was accurate....
                    The Henry is a lot of fun to shoot.
                    For small game hunting I would have to pick the CZ.

Comment

I also have a Marlin 882 with the heavy barrel in 22Mag that will out shoot the CZ any day. 50 yard head shots on squirrels are pretty easy with that thing. But it is an older model I bought it used 20+ years ago.

Comment

That Magnum Research is cool but I need something with some style....metal and wood kinda style.

Comment

I have the golden boy in 22mag, and there is alot of drop in the stock. Just an FYI, great looking gun but kinda wished I got the blued model..

Comment

Originally posted by ZGIII View Post
                            I have the golden boy in 22mag, and there is alot of drop in the stock. Just an FYI, great looking gun but kinda wished I got the blued model..
                            I put my hands on one. You're right. Can't get a cheek weld

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              I put my hands on one. You're right. Can't get a cheek weld
                              Does this mean your going CZ?

Or does the blued version of the henry have less of a drop?

Comment

Working...
                              X