Car insurance ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car insurance ?

Looking for some cheaper insurance.We're retired,live in Galveston Co. Have a car,truck,jeep,and travel trailer to insure,possibly our home also.Who are ya'll using ?

I can try and help you out. I’m an independent agent here in Texas.

Comment

Just switched to progress saving $800 per year. Ditched Safeco.

Comment

Geico just jacked my insurance up 40% for truck and small travel trailer. $120 a month to $170

Comment

I switched at the first of the year after longer than I care to mention with another company. Cale on TBH got us some pretty good savings, think his handle is: theinsuranceguy. Might send him a pm for a bid if you want to shop multiple carriers.

Comment

Insurance Agents
            License to steal

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
              Just switched to progress saving $800 per year. Ditched Safeco.
              What's stupid is, with the way these insurance carriers operate you're likely to be back with Safeco next year because they'll be cheaper than Progressive. LOL
              Last edited by Etxbuckman; 02-02-2023, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I just went to Goosehead insurance and was pleasantly surprised what they saved me over my renewals of auto and home. They are a broker that can write policies with multiple carriers.

Comment

Looking for a cheaper option as progressive went up by $200

Comment

Get with a good broker. My personal guy is affiliated with Goosehead. Pretty sure Cale (site sponsor) does the same gig. They’ll shop multiple carriers to find you the best deal AND make sure you are covered appropriately and adequately. They should also shop you again every year at renewal and discuss any changes to your household to keep you protected and at the best rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m with an independent agent. The problem is I received my renewal in the mail with an increase of over $800 per year. I shopped it myself and found it cheaper through progressive. Emailed my agent and he got it even cheaper than my online quote through progressive. I shouldn’t have to be doing this if he is working for me and trying to save me money.

Comment

progressive just saved me $100 a month which was the amount FB increased on me at renewal time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          What's stupid is, with the way these insurance carriers operate you're likely to be back with Safeco next year because they'll be cheaper than Progressive. LOL

Yeah a simple Google search and five minutes of reading will tell you all you need to know about why that introductory rate isn’t so great. The whole industry is facing pricing increases due to inflation, supply chain disruption, increased accident rates (more people returning to the office), and higher litigation (ambulance chasers didn’t have as much to do when people didn’t drive and crash as frequently)…. It’s the ‘perfect storm’, but like most things it will settle out and normalize in the next couple of years. Now isn’t the time I would run to a cut rate insurance company that is going to be a PITA when it comes to settling a claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Planner View Post
                            Yeah a simple Google search and five minutes of reading will tell you all you need to know about why that introductory rate isn’t so great. The whole industry is facing pricing increases due to inflation, supply chain disruption, increased accident rates (more people returning to the office), and higher litigation (ambulance chasers didn’t have as much to do when people didn’t drive and crash as frequently)…. It’s the ‘perfect storm’, but like most things it will settle out and normalize in the next couple of years. Now isn’t the time I would run to a cut rate insurance company that is going to be a PITA when it comes to settling a claim.

I am an independent agent on the commercial side but what you said is absolutely true. For instance, Harris county has a very high uninsured motorist rate and a high velocity of accidents from that so the carriers adjust their rates accordingly in that county. Deductibles also determine the premium and that is something that needs to be looked at as well.

Comment

How on TBH is an independent agent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X