• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just a precaution, drink up.

Comment

It may actually be an improvement!

Comment

Restaurants are open. Bottled water only...

Comment

Just to help some better understand...

Any time a public water system drops below 20 psi they are required by TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality) to issue a boil water notice. This happens in rural areas of Texas quite frequently just based on small line sizes, line breaks and long system lines (non looped).

Comment

The more concerning part, why was the state not notified until 8 hours in? Did Harris county not know of the loss of power and depressurization? Did they know and refuse to report? Did they not know they were supposed to report it?

That last one scares me the most because that proves the incompetence of people in charge. And my opinion we are going to find out that was the case. I am glad I live in a MUD.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
              Just to help some better understand...

Any time a public water system drops below 20 psi they are required by TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality) to issue a boil water notice. This happens in rural areas of Texas quite frequently just based on small line sizes, line breaks and long system lines (non looped).
              This. It's an EPA requirement. It doesn't mean the water is dangerous necessarily, just a CYA when there is a pressure loss for some reason. That reason could be like mentioned above or for general maintenance duties like replacing an old valve or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                The more concerning part, why was the state not notified until 8 hours in? Did Harris county not know of the loss of power and depressurization? Did they know and refuse to report? Did they not know they were supposed to report it?

That last one scares me the most because that proves the incompetence of people in charge. And my opinion we are going to find out that was the case. I am glad I live in a MUD.
                The city is run by complete morons. Nothing surprises me with pothole turner & dora the xplorer running it.

Comment

Reminds me a little of "you done messed up A-A-Ron!" How does a city of 2 million people get in this scenario from a power outage? Seems like power outages ought to be a predictable enough occurrence to have a backup plan?

Comment

There are many MUD's that are affected by this. You can do a search for the list.

Comment

Situation is, When PSI drops below 20, ground water MAY be able to backflow into a leaking pipe somewhere, Contaminating who knows how much of an area.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                        Situation is, When PSI drops below 20, ground water MAY be able to backflow into a leaking pipe somewhere, Contaminating who knows how much of an area.
                        ^^^

This is the correct answer.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                          There are many MUD's that are affected by this. You can do a search for the list.
                          That's right, I should have been more clear. Our MUD is on its own well system, not tied into the CoH system. I would never want to live on the CoH system.

Comment

Houston is following the rules. Who cares how long it takes till they notify the state. The state won't do anything to fix it. TCEQ doesn't do anything except send a letter out months later. TCEQ won't mess with Houston anyway.
                            Their too big.

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
                              Houston is following the rules. Who cares how long it takes till they notify the state. The state won't do anything to fix it. TCEQ doesn't do anything except send a letter out months later. TCEQ won't mess with Houston anyway.
                              Their too big.

All TCEQ is going to do is issue the fine when all said and done .

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
                                Their too big.
                                Waiting 8+ hours to tell residents of the county is within the rules? I am genuinely asking, I don't know, because that seems like a serious flaw if that is true.

If the issue occurred, no one reports it to the public, then someone drinks the water, gets sick, and dies, that is going to be a massive lawsuit. But then again, we saw what the city of Flint got away with. So who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X