Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dream Continues! Project 2! Pic Heavy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... One Day....

Comment

There has been a ton of oil field activity around the ranch! I guess I should be thankful that they aren't on me They should be moved on down the line in a month or so and it cannot come soon enough! The activity really has the deer moving sporadically
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Darton; 09-03-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Friday was a long day, but turned out a success. I was able to get all of my food plots ready with the disc, spreader, and drag. This seasons menu is going to be a mix of Winter Wheat, Ladino Clover, and Arrow Leaf Clover. Rains started today and will continue on throughout the week so the future looks good
        Attached Files

Comment

I was also able to procure another Cadillac Blind and got it into position at the location I call the Back Door. It will be replacing an old windowless sheet metal stand that had seen its better days. So,with stand work complete for the season I will have 3 fixed tree/bow stands and 3 Cadillac Rifle blinds to choose from depending on weather and time of the year. If last seasons leg work proves reliable all of these locations should prove their worth If not I can always bounce around on my Lone Wolf However it turns out, it will be a good time regardless The time is near fellas! Wrap up those chores
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Darton; 09-03-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

That red soil of yours looks like it will grow a heck of a plot. I have had some great luck with your clover seed choices.

And that back door blind/tiny house is going to work like new dollar bill.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
              That red soil of yours looks like it will grow a heck of a plot. I have had some great luck with your clover seed choices.

And that back door blind/tiny house is going to work like new dollar bill.

Rwc
              I sure hope so! The fact that they are heavy re-seeders means they can live on for many seasons which is always a good thing!

I forgot to update you on the big spring plot and learned something very vital from that experience at this location. If you plant without spraying herbicide beforehand you will waste your money Corrected my error with these fall plots so we shall see!

I have owned many different blinds, but this particular make has it figured out
              Last edited by Darton; 09-03-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I knew something didn’t feel right today. Now I know. I really hate to do this but I am compelled to call out a party foul when I see one of this caliber. That old set of office chairs in this new Cadillac blind is just not going to work. It ain’t right. That’s like wearing a big black felt cowboy hat after Memorial Day, like claiming deer genetics superiority based on state line, or like driving the wrong way on the turnpike when you are on a timeline.....it just don’t work. For your consideration I humbly present a chair more in line with that shooting shack’s pedigree.

[emoji12]

That blind is a great addition to your place and is right in line with all the other improvements so far. First class. Well done, sir.

Comment

is that really a blind!?? i thought it was the camp house. dang you okie boys are baller!

God's blessings onto yalls season, boys!

thats better than good luck for your 411.

Comment

Good Work! Those new blinds like you will be able to get some good sleep in them. LOL!

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                        I knew something didn’t feel right today. Now I know. I really hate to do this but I am compelled to call out a party foul when I see one of this caliber. That old set of office chairs in this new Cadillac blind is just not going to work. It ain’t right. That’s like wearing a big black felt cowboy hat after Memorial Day, like claiming deer genetics superiority based on state line, or like driving the wrong way on the turnpike when you are on a timeline.....it just don’t work. For your consideration I humbly present a chair more in line with that shooting shack’s pedigree.

[emoji12]

That blind is a great addition to your place and is right in line with all the other improvements so far. First class. Well done, sir.
                        One piece at a time my good man

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                        is that really a blind!?? i thought it was the camp house. dang you okie boys are baller!

God's blessings onto yalls season, boys!

thats better than good luck for your 411.
                        To you as well sir

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                        Good Work! Those new blinds like you will be able to get some good sleep in them. LOL!
                        Especially if I take Booners advice on the seating upgrade

Comment

Took a trip out today to square the cabin, barn, and skinning shed away to prepare for the opener and took a quick trip around to check on the status of the plots and was happy to see good progress. They should really be in great shape by the time the deer hit them after the first freeze!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Back in the spring I was approached by my neighbor about potentially buying some quail from the state to release. I said that I would and bought 50 to start with. His wife drove to Oklahoma City on Monday to bring them back and I told him to just release them in my south field. Much to my surprise we ran into some today! Hopefully after another few years we can bring back a sustainable population!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff on the quail! Way to try & help out nature!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                                Good stuff on the quail! Way to try & help out nature!!!
                                I am not a bird hunter, but they are a unique addition to the landscape! My commitment makes me the third land owner in the group that is signed on, so hopefully after a few years we can bring them back to some level! Hope things are moving along for you at your place

Comment

Working...
                                X