30/30 Lever Action value?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30/30 Lever Action value?!

I have a; Roebuck "JC Higgins" Model 45 Lever Action in 30/30 caliber with about 5 boxes of ammo. I've had it for 20 years and only shot it about 5 times, it's just sitting there...

It's in decent condition, no dings or damages that I know of or can see, it's just old and I know nothing about it, but I'm sure a gun enthusiast will be able to clean it up really good. I belonged to a buddy of mine's Grand father and he really wanted to get rid of it so bought it from him for $350 20 years ago...

I'm thinking about selling it to fund something else and want to know the value for it. Any help will be appreciated. (((I can't post pictures)))

No Trades, located in Collin County, TX.
    Last edited by ATI; 11-23-2021, 02:43 PM.

This is the gun (picture from the internet)

the picture is too big, deleting it.....

Here's the link:

Last edited by ATI; 11-23-2021, 02:36 PM. Reason: picture is too big

Comment

I'm pretty sure that one is actually made by Marlin and while it probably won't bring a Marlin price it wouldn't surprise me if it gets real close.

Comment

Thank you!
        so what's the "marlin price"?
        Last edited by ATI; 11-23-2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Probably should just get on GunBroker and if you can't find the same gun you have listed sold or recently sold, look for a JM Marlin in about the same condition and see what they sold for. Lever actions are stupid high right now, but of course a lot depends on condition.

Also, double check that those are made by Marlin, I'm going off memory so I don't want to give you wrong information

Edit to add, I did some double checking and those do appear to be Marlins. Good luck with your sale
          Last edited by RJH1; 11-23-2021, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Thank You sir!

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
              the picture is too big, deleting it.....

Here's the link:

https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/7...-30-r29185.jpg
              Open with Paint. REesize to 70%. Save. if still too big, resize again.

Comment

Thanks for all the messages. the interest has been overwhelming and since there’s a lot of interest I thought it would be fair to let my old buddy whom I bought it from know so he can have the first chance at it since it is his granddad’s gun after all. I appreciate all the text messages and private messages and all the information, I had no idea there was that much interest. As soon as I hear from him and depending on his decision I’ll let y’all know.

Thanks!

Comment

Ok
                  That was quick. He’s ok with me selling it.
                  I’m open to offers.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Here
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Here
                      Thank you!

Mine has some scuffs (not dents or scratches) on the stock that I’m sure some kind of solvent will clean and some normal wear & tear but nothing major. I have pics but can’t post them.

Comment

I’d like to get $600 for the gun and I have 4 full boxes and almost a full box (3 Remington and almost 2 boxes of Winchester) 150 grain for $150
                        Total (gun + ammo) $750. OBO…
                        Last edited by ATI; 11-24-2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Sold by Sears as JC Higgins Made by Marlin.
                          Just looked at a 1962 Model 45 on a website for $429.
                          Most buyers might want to know the serial number.

JC Higgins Model 45 30-30 lever action rifle in great condition. This is a rifle was made for Sears by Marlin in 1962 and is a copy of Marlins famous 336. 20" barrel is clean with a bright and sharp bore. Wood is clean with no cracks and decent finish intact as pictured. Action is smooth and tight with no wobble. Very nice classic Marlin/JC Higgins for the collector or hunter!$429Call to check availability before you head in!Lincoln Pawn and Jewelry(763)783-11338480 Highway 65 NESpring Lake Park, MN 55432www.LincolnPawnShop.comBusiness hours:Mon-Friday 9am to 7pmSaturday 10am to 3pmSunday Closed

Comment

Thank you!
                            Based on this price I’ll ask $500 (no shipping, tax or dealer fees)
                            $150 for almost 5 boxes of ammo (missing 4 rounds)
                            $650 total

Comment

Working...
                            X