No announcement yet.

Coopers's BBQ - Katy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note......the Junction location has nothing to do with Llano or the others. They serve on plates and you cannot pick meat from the pit. I ate there once.

In recent years the Mason location has been the best.
    Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 09-24-2019, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I've have always liked lairds in Llano .

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
        I've have always liked lairds in Llano .
        Gone. No more Lairds. I'm guessing he passed or isn't capable of doing it any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          In recent years the Mason location has been the best.
          That’s crazy. All the guys on our lease say it used to be much better than it is now. Haven’t been in a couple years, so maybe it’s improved.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
            That’s crazy. All the guys on our lease say it used to be much better than it is now. Haven’t been in a couple years, so maybe it’s improved.
            I could be wrong. Recent to me was like 10-15 years ago. LOL. I haven't been to that one in a long time. Llano a few times recently has been good as always.

Comment

Coopers in llano was great when we had it. I’ve been itching to go back. Their BBQ sauce is the best I’ve ever had anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                I always used to love the Coopers in Llano when headed to the lease 15 years ago. Had the Coopers in Junction a month or two back and it was not even close to the same quality I remembered. Don't know what that means for the Katy location but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
                The Cooper's in junction is not the same as the others. Completely different place.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  Yep. Lum's is WAY better BBQ in Junction.
                  Yes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Gone. No more Lairds. I'm guessing he passed or isn't capable of doing it any more.
                    He retired. Earlier this year he was loading feed at L&E. Seriously, I backed my truck up to the dock...he said “how can I help you” and I responded, “how about a BBQ sandwich”. He smiled ear to ear!

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Llano Coopers but to be honest I don't care for most barbeque I have tried in the hill country. I was raised on oak and hickory and don't really like mesquite smoked meat. Inman's in Llano was the nastiest barbeque I have ever attempted to eat.

Comment

The Coopers in Junction is so bad they shouldnt be allowed to call themselves Coopers. It's misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                          I'm not a big fan of Llano Coopers but to be honest I don't care for most barbeque I have tried in the hill country. I was raised on oak and hickory and don't really like mesquite smoked meat. Inman's in Llano was the nastiest barbeque I have ever attempted to eat.
                          Most places in the hill country use live oak or post oak.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                            I grew up outside of Llano. The coopers was always a place people from Austin or the hunters ate at. I liked it, but way overpriced and always crowded. Their chicken is probably the best around. Sausage is good. Brisket is very lean and fatty. Terry Wooten use to own it. I think he sold a large portion if not all of it, than they started to franchise.
                            Terry Wootan still owns the Llano location, the New Braunfels location, the Cowtown location, the Austin location and the Katy location and the college station location. His son Chad will be ramrodding the one in College Station.
                            The Coopers in Junction is not affiliated with any of the restaurants that Terry Wootan owns.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                              Terry Wootan still owns the Llano location, the New Braunfels location, the Cowtown location, the Austin location and the Katy location and the college station location. His son Chad will be ramrodding the one in College Station.
                              The Coopers in Junction is not affiliated with any of the restaurants that Terry Wootan owns.
                              Thank you for the clarification. I "ate" at Coopers in Junction one time; well honestly, I ordered what I thought was bbq there, only to take a bite of the brisket and then a rib and threw the entire plate in the garbage, no BS!

I always enjoyed Coopers in Llano. I won't say they had "great" BBQ, but they did have some of the best beans on the planet.....and FREE at that!

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                                Nobody smokes with mesquite.

Comment

Working...
                                X