No announcement yet.

Nilgai setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go fixed head instead of expandable. German kinetics would be my choice. Other than that, the setup should be sufficient.

Comment

Well I’m looking at fixed broadheads now. I kinda like the blood eagles from valkyrie but they’re a little pricey. Would these be worth the money to use on a nilgai? Has anyone used em?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have some 250gr blood eagles and they are scary sharp. Havent shot anything them yet but they are incredibly well made

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
          I have some 250gr blood eagles and they are scary sharp. Havent shot anything them yet but they are incredibly well made

Thanks. I’m gonna have to get some.

Comment

Valkyrie system is nice if your willing to spend the cash or use their whole system.

The 200 gr single bevel redline Massai is a dang good head. Can’t beat a iron will either. Or even just a Magnus stinger or black hornet. Simmons makes a good head as well. Just depends how much you wanna spend or how much you wanna tinker with the heavy heads

I was honestly shocked how my bow shot the 200 gr vs my 100 gr setup

Comment

for the money redline 200gr massia. step-up would be the 440c massia.

Comment

I’ll have to check all those out. Thanks guys.

Comment

Cheaper option would be VPA. I put one in the rocks last week when I missed a muley in CO and it barely curled the tip. A little file work and it was ready to slot back in the first spot in the quiver.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                    for the money redline 200gr massia. step-up would be the 440c massia.

The edge retention on that Massai is insane. Shot one the other day about 15 times and it will still shave

Can’t wait to stick a pig with it.. bet it’ll tear up a big aoudad too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’d slap on a vented 125 iron will. Or even a viper trick

Comment

Strickland HELIX would be a head to take a peak at as well.

jrg

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                          I’d slap on a vented 125 iron will. Or even a viper trick
                          Iron Will broadheads are built for thick skinned big game. I shoot the solids. Can’t go wrong with any of the fixed blades mentioned above. Good luck.

Comment

good luck and let us know how it goes!

Comment

Thanks guys I appreciate all the help!

Comment

Working...
                              X