No announcement yet.

My Child Support ends today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Everyone should have at least one ex wife. Congrats!

Comment

I’ve never had to be on the paying end thank god. But my wife would get checks when the AG would pull it from her ex. That ended 5 years ago and we never knew if or when they’d come so you couldn’t count on them. I paid for my step daughter from her 7th Bday till now. No complaints but I had no problem spending that money when it came in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        After 18 years my ex will have to find a way to pay for her own horse feed and beer. I never had a problem one supporting my son, but the days of undermining and relationship sabotage are over. (well, probably not over just not funded be me) For all you younger guys out there just staring out, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Now to go shopping for that boat.
        So excited for you! I have 2 more years and I will get a $36k a year raise! Yes...That is for 1 kid. Williamson county Texas men have no rights.

Comment

I wouldn't trust any of the courts involved to do the right and correct thing, follow up on em. When I got custody of my daughter when she was 14 the dang court just kept me on for child support past due...for 5 years. I wasn't paying it, they were just noting that I was past due. Idiots. When I applied for a passport to go to Zimbabwe I was denied because I "owed" more than $10,000 in back child support....that I didn't owe. It took two weeks and a call to President George Bush to get it straightened out. Idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            Congrats! 3.5 years to go for me. I don't pay through the AG, just transfer the cash through money transfer to her bank each month. We created a savings account for our daughter and a part of my CS is deposited into that account, so at least my daughter will have something to start with when she's 18.

Hopefully I will be able to finally buy my boat when I'm done with CS.
            I dont recieve it or pay it, but your ex sounds like a decent person. Way too many abuse it driving fancy cars, nice dinners, etc... and leave nothing for the kid. My dad left my mom, but he paid more than he had to, and my mom didnt blow it. Both good people, just one made a bad decision....him...then another really bad one being a second marriage. That decision is still a bad one in my opinion. I hope to never divorce, but if i do, it will be a girlfriend the rest is the way, or maybe a few.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife is on the receiving end. We take every check and put it in a savings account for my stepdaughter. They were a package deal and I accepted that responsibility. We are also blessed to be in a financial position to be able to afford to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                So excited for you! I have 2 more years and I will get a $36k a year raise! Yes...That is for 1 kid. Williamson county Texas men have no rights.
                That is insane.

Comment

Happy day when they have no more leverage over you.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                    Why isn't there a way for women to prove with expense reports EXACTLY what they're spending the money on? If the child's needs aren't being met and they're going on lavish vacations every year on a teacher's salary, something doesn't add up.
                    Because it's super easy to just write down the big expenses. House(apartment etc), car payment, insurance (auto and health), food and Bam! The child support money is accounted for going towards the child.

Easy to leave out the vacations, slot machines, other fancy car, eating out, expensive clothes for mom, etc...

Originally posted by savage1134 View Post
                    See pic
                    Is it ok to quote this picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                      That is insane.
                      The insanity of the payment = the insanity of the payee

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Because it's super easy to just write down the big expenses. House(apartment etc), car payment, insurance (auto and health), food and Bam! The child support money is accounted for going towards the child.

Easy to leave out the vacations, slot machines, other fancy car, eating out, expensive clothes for mom, etc...

Is it ok to quote this picture?
                        absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          Congrats! 3.5 years to go for me. I don't pay through the AG, just transfer the cash through money transfer to her bank each month. We created a savings account for our daughter and a part of my CS is deposited into that account, so at least my daughter will have something to start with when she's 18.

Hopefully I will be able to finally buy my boat when I'm done with CS.
                          Better check to make sure AG doesn't come after you one day. I had a buddy that did that for 12 years and his Ex got mad at him and turned him in. AG said all that money was considered a gift and he owed a huge amount in back CS. He almost committed suicide over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            Better check to make sure AG doesn't come after you one day. I had a buddy that did that for 12 years and his Ex got mad at him and turned him in. AG said all that money was considered a gift and he owed a huge amount in back CS. He almost committed suicide over it.
                            I know two guys that had to pay back child support for the same reasons. They had been paying the ex all along.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                              Mine daughter was just complaining about her mom spending all the child support I pay on her self and not buying my daughter anything with it she says she hardly ever even buys any groceries for the house. I told her maybe she is saving it for you later she just laughed and said o yeah I bet that’s it NOT lol ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              My Ex tried to tell my son that she has saved every penny to give to him. I gave him that figure of what it should be and he knew she was full of it.

Comment

Congrats and good on you for taking care of it for all those years. Never paid but know how it it when someone doesn't. Raised my step son from 7 years on. His daddy wouldn't stay in one place or work enough to have anything to garnish. Saw him once in court in Jefferson where he stayed many times when they could get their hands on him. Owed around 50K. I knew we wouldn't see any of it and just made do. Mark is 37 now so we made it.

Comment

Working...
                                X