Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks TG. Saw a little buck this morning but nothing this evening so far.

Comment

This was my first year hunting Aquilla or Whitney. I mainly focused on Aquilla as I liked the area around it a bit easier.

I noticed on the weekends every spot a truck could pull in, had at least 1-2 vehicles. Weekdays were much better.

I had a 5-6 turkey walk by me on my first hunt, so definitely going back! My second time out I had a doe jump out right in front of me 8-10 yards away, I was on the ground and she eyed me and took off before I could even move. Was really cool. Third time out I saw probably 4-5 doe and 1 nice 8 point buck but none within range.

Definitely getting permit again and would like to spend some more time out there for hog. Looks like good sign all over the place. Will be nice once the water goes down a bit.

Comment

Hunted Aquilla tons this season, shot five hogs, never saw a deer within range, been tough for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

My crossbow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool pic coojay.

What recurve you shoot-n? Been thinking about picking one up again. Been little over 30 years.

Comment

I havent posted in awhile or been to the lake in about 4 weeks, i.havent dropped out just been running around with my dogs . My big dog came home for a week and is now in the Baton Rouge areathe puppy has consumed all my time as she needs a strong hand to guide her. You guys would be amazed with what a well bred field trial dog can do at 9 weeks of age. Right now its birds and bumpers at 30 yards and getting bumped up to 50 next week. If you follow the field trial world on retrievers be on the lookout for RIKi TIKI TIMBO as she looks to have what it takes. Ill get back on the lake in a few weeks so flag me down if you see me.

Comment

TG, get that recurve limbered up and I'll make you one of these if you need it. 1st prototype, made 2.
                Attached Files

Comment

That's a sharp looking arm guard Razor.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Heading out to wet a hook in a bit.

Comment

Only got one bite today. No sandies and no crappie.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20190127_150332.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	24568257Click image for larger version

Name:	20190127_150345.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	24568258

Comment

Perfect conditions yesterday, with exception to lack of sunshine. Water temp was 55 degrees, perfect!. And fish were no where to be found hardly , on my graph. I talked to several others and if they were lucky, they had one fish. Same with they're graphs. I was lucky to get one fish mark in 200 yards. That is how thin they were. They may be at the Grandbury dam. As it's been running most of the winter . I did catch on crappie and missed 3 other fish. That was fishing over 10 miles of water, some of it double.

Comment

TG, you need to post positive stuff, as-in where can I fill up the cooler.

Comment

I am posting positive stuff. I'm positive there were almost no fish in the river.

After a little research last night, I did find someone who found the stripers. But they wouldn't bite.

Comment

Dang that striper looks long an scrawny

Comment

Going to Hamm creek fer four days on Friday... guess I’ll leave the rods at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X