Barbed Wire Fence Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
    What he did has nothing to do with what the place is worth now. It is what the local land market will bear.

-john
    This. All improvements made add value , from roads, brush cleared, structures and yes fence.

Comment

I bought 56 acres in Bandera County for $180k, invested $30k more, for a total of $210k. Sold a year later for $250k. It’s worth whatever you or someone else will pay.

Comment

Yep, people buy real estate just to quickly sell it and make a huge profit. It's worth what someone will pay unfortunately.

Comment

Look at it this way...If he bought for 200,000. Spent 20,000 on fence and then the market crashed and it was worth 75,000 would you still pay him 220,000? Nope you would pay him no more than 75,000.......It is all market based.

-john

Comment

Barbed Wire Fence Value

I could see a couple miles of new 5 strand and 50 acres of quality brush work being over 75k+ once all is said and done.
            If he bought the place with a broker 2 years ago, he’d likely have to sell it for 5-6% over what he paid, plus the money he has in it to break even.

I’d work up your offer and see where it lands with him, before reminding him how much he has in it. Maybe he wants out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
              What he did has nothing to do with what the place is worth now. It is what the local land market will bear.

-john
              Agreed. You can try using that angle. But it wouldn't work with me.

Comment

The real question you need to be asking is what is it worth to you.

(to not have a new, crappy neighbor.....)

Comment

[QUOTE=Atfulldraw;14239223]The real question you need to be asking is what is it worth to you.

(to not have a new, crappy neighbor)

What he said.

Comment

[quote=tps7742;14239225]
                    Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    The real question you need to be asking is what is it worth to you.

(to not have a new, crappy neighbor)

What he said.

Comment

I would think the balls in his court if hes will to set on the land and wait it will bring what he is asking if the lay of the land is good he could split it up and might get a little more selling in smaller plots land prices are on the rise.

Comment

Using the "what he has in it" negotiating model is a bad, bad idea. It's irrelevant and will likely tick off the seller right away.

Comment

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
                          Using the "what he has in it" negotiating model is a bad, bad idea. It's irrelevant and will likely tick off the seller right away.
                          This. I had a buyer that looked at my place two times, the second time bringing out 8 members of their family. They had been looking for two years when they found my place. They fell in love with the place and was ready to sign the papers.

His BIL (a real estate agent from 4 hours away) gets in the picture and starts playing the, "I know what you paid for it game". The low balled their offer (after being okay at full price), I sold it the next day to another cash offer guy for close to full ask. The ol boy was sick he lost out on the place.

Comment

Sounds to me like he bought the place at a heck of a deal, probably below market value, cleaned it up nicely and turned it into a turn key property, and is now listing it at a premium. People are willing to pay a premium for a turn key finished property because they either don't want to mess with the clean up and additions or they just lack the vision in the first place. As mentioned before, it will either be you that wants it bad enough or the next guy that did not know the history of it like you, and just sees a great looking finished property. but either way, I bet the land owner gets close to what he's asking for it.

Comment

My opinion for what it's worth. If you are truly interested in the property, I would set up a meeting with him and try to talk it out. Explain to him, he can sell it to you for less money by not listing with an agent and you can close faster and be less headache.

At the end of the day, he is going to have a number he wants to walk out of there with.

That would be my approach.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                                Yep, people buy real estate just to quickly sell it and make a huge profit. It's worth what someone will pay unfortunately.
                                Unfortunately this IS the case, even when owners do nothing improvement-wise.

Comment

Working...
                                X