Prime Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Bows

Wanted to get everyone’s opinion on why these don’t seem to be that popular down here. I’ve been spending a lot of time working in Canada, and try to go to a few bow shops if I have time. So far I’ve been to 3 shops (2 in AB & 1 in BC)and they all pretty much had the same opinion (general consensus not on specific bows):

All shops thought highly of Prime

2 shops really didn’t like Mathews, and the third wasn’t to fond either

All 3 shops didn’t like Elite something about selling out cabelas and not standing behind their bows?

All 3 shops liked Hoyt / bowtech but more so Hoyt but Prime still seems the favorite

Now I’m new to bow hunting, so I don’t know the history of any of the manufacturers nor do I personally have a favorite just curious. I called around in the Houston area and couldn’t find a shop that sold Prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TA_Fab; 07-10-2019, 10:24 PM.

I am a fan of Prime. I have had some seriously tight groupings with a prime "centergy"??? I think that is what it was named. May be wrong. It was back in 2017/2018. I think they make a fine bow. If any of you watch Dr. Grant Woods' youtube channel, growingdeertv, you'll see how they perform under various conditions.

I must also say that I am a huge Hoyt fanboy. I still love the Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo....
    Last edited by TxSpinner; 07-10-2019, 10:37 PM. Reason: name change

Comment

I have a Prime Rize. It is a fantastic bow, and I will not be getting rid of it any time soon. One reason Prime's aren't as popular is due to lack of draw length modules. The cams are drawlength specific. That obviously limits the ability to sell them 2nd hand which there are a lot of shooters that like to buy new and flip every year.

Comment

Can't go wrong with Prime; they build as good a bow as the best out there. The New Logic CT series is a phenomenal design and their fit and finish is second to none.

The center grip design makes for a very stable platform. The whole design is very stable and has less torque than any other manufacturer out of the box. You can see the torque testing on Archer1941's youtube channel.

I own the Logic and will probably pick up the CT5 this year for 3D and spots.

I have tuned probably 10 Prime bows, everything from Rize to CT5 and they all tune easy; a product of the parallel cam design and the Flexis AR.

Some say they have a stiff draw but I don't find this to be the case at my draw length of 28 5/8" inch on the 28.5" cam. The option to use either limb stops or cable stops is a bonus as well as the free replacement string set every two years. Prime is doing everything right.

As always, you really need to shoot one to see if it fits you.

It looks like Saddle River Range may be a dealer in Conroe. We have several Prime dealers in the Austin area. Double G archery probably has the best inventory and is closest. If that is the only option you should make the drive, I think you will find it's worth it.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. I was able to shoot the CT3 in Canada. I don’t have much to go off of but it felt great. Whenever I decide to buy a new bow I’ll make the drive to a shop that stocks Prime to shoot beside all the the others.

Comment

Huge prime fan here. Have had an alloy,rival,and a centergy hybrid. Brother has a centergy hybrid Ld now. All have been super bows.. tough and accurate is all I can say.

I have a hoyt hyperforce now but when I get the itch for another there's no doubt itll be for a ct3 or 5.

Comment

I almost bought a prime ct5 for my first bow. Shot and felt great. Biggest problem for me was the grip. I just couldn't get it to feel right. I ended up going with Hoyt, but I would've loved the Prime. My shop here in Boerne is really big on Prime and seem to push a lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by RemingtonTX View Post
                I almost bought a prime ct5 for my first bow. Shot and felt great. Biggest problem for me was the grip. I just couldn't get it to feel right. I ended up going with Hoyt, but I would've loved the Prime. My shop here in Boerne is really big on Prime and seem to push a lot of them.
                guessing Leading Edge Archery? if so, i really, really like those guys.

Comment

I shoot a Prime Alloy. Really like the bow. They also provide free strings to the original owner every couple of years. Great customer service. I bought it from cinnamon creek ranch in Fort Worth and the guys had great things to say about the Brand.

Comment

I own a Rize and it is a sweet bow. Easy to tune and a smooth shooter. I will admit that it is sitting right now due to me picking up a Hoyt recently but a great bow non the less.

Comment

This is good info, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                        guessing Leading Edge Archery? if so, i really, really like those guys.
                        YUP! Excellent shop with a great staff. They were super patient with me being new and all. Love my Hoyt but that Prime was sexy!

Comment

While your up there in the land of French fries and gravy, eh, try and shoot and APA archery bow. There are pretty much no dealers in the US but I shot one a few years ago at TTHA show and it was great!!! Just another option.

Comment

I shot one while shopping for a new bow a few years back. The design wasn't esthetically jumping out at me. However it shot well and was fairly shock free. That said the draw cycle was fairly stiff to me. I was looking for a smooth drawing bow that had a little speed to it because my Elite didn't. It didn't make the final cut.

Gary

Comment

I’m a Prime convert. From the day I picked up a bow I shot Mathews, until a friend of mine talked to me about his Prime and had me shoot a Centergy at an event. I was hooked and now own a Logic CT3. Evenly weighted, dead in hand, center grip, less torque, smooth draw cycle, dead end back wall, great finish, oh yea and free strings! It will take something going seriously wrong to change my mind!

Comment

Working...
                              X