No announcement yet.

Cattle trailers-what do you look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all for the advice, please keep it coming. I was just confirmed as a Dealer for Delco, I will be ordering a few different styles.

Comment

Make sure to order least a 6 wide on a bumper pull. Most dealers don’t stock them and they’re harder to find. Delco is a good brand. There is a new steel punch side brand, Eagle maybe? They look really good for the money and I’d imagine would sell well.
      Last edited by stx; 10-27-2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

P.M. me if you have any aluminum cattle trailers for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
          Thanks to all for the advice, please keep it coming. I was just confirmed as a Dealer for Delco, I will be ordering a few different styles.
          Nice Delco

A full length cleanup slot
          Center gates
          Able to put in tire mats(see pictures)
          +
          I would love a remote control or push button 10,000 lbs jack
          ( bad back and a cranky jack don’t mix)
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
            P.M. me if you have any aluminum cattle trailers for sale.
            His website says aluminum cm cattle trailer dealership

Who knows if in these Covid-19 times if any are in inventory any where
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 10-27-2020, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              Something like this either with the canvas top or with out

[ATTACH]1025092[/ATTACH]
              I agree, gooseneck builds a good trailer. I had a 20 ft with tarp. Probably about to buy another. Other then gooseneck brand I would look at Delco and Gaylean.

Comment

in for later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of good points above.

I am looking for an aluminum gooseneck 24’ long, but am having a hard time finding one other than Gooseneck brand and they are pretty dang proud of them

I like a rubberized cleated floor and a good greasable double jack in the front.

Spare tire and canvas top are a must

5200 or 7k axles and brakes on both axles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Delco and Galyean seem to be the best cattle trailers right now.

Rubber floors and quality paint or powder coat.

Comment

Pull into the sale barns in my area and mostly Neckovers & Gooseneck brand. Seems like 24' length is the most popular for the everyday guy. I do like the bullet nose that Delco offers. I had the sloped metal nose on a 32' WW that helped with fuel mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                        Delco makes a great trailer. Good choice to be a dealer for them. I love mine and looked at quite a few before purchasing.
                        Last edited by Fmjag64; 10-29-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I do not have any aluminum cattle trailers in stock. I will check with CM to see if they are building them. I have a 20' Featherlight GN that I bought prior to getting in the trailer business. It has the aluminum floor which I thought would be the bomb. I had a cow do the splits, I ended up rigging a up a pole on my FEL and slings to get her up. It was a mess for a few hours. It ruined her after all said and done, she went to the sale barn. I use stall mats in it after that episode and have not had anymore issues.

Comment

As long as it’s open top/canvas with channel running long ways not angle. Always that stubborn s*b that won’t get out so you drop through the top/ jump up out of the way and give them a good boot.

Comment

Working...
                            X