No announcement yet.

GTI (Gone To Idaho)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck yeah.I love the snow! I swear I'd go buy a snowmobile tomorrow![emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

This looks like a great plan! Keep us updated; I am definitely interested to see what life is like throughout the year.

I would miss saltwater fishing pretty bad, but the trade off looks good at first glance.

Comment

Welcome to the west sir, you will love it, except the longer winters.

And they are called "snow machines" up this way.

Your current local weather, we're sitting at 4 degrees right now with almost a foot of snow.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
          Welcome to the west sir, you will love it, except the longer winters.

And they are called "snow machines" up this way.

Your current local weather, we're sitting at 4 degrees right now with almost a foot of snow.
          We are in Sheridan, currently. Had to stop here yesterday due to bad weather. Taking care of the horses, walking the dogs, and checking the vehicles antifreeze in 14° degrees was much more comfortable than loading the u-hauls last tuesday and wednesday in the 90° heat. Of course taking on and off a lot of heavy clothes is a pain but so is sweat running down your back at the end if october.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
            This looks like a great plan! Keep us updated; I am definitely interested to see what life is like throughout the year.

I would miss saltwater fishing pretty bad, but the trade off looks good at first glance.
            I LOVE to saltwater fish but we were 5 or 6 hours away from that in Tyler anyway. Probably the same in Coeur D Alene. Different from Texas salt but still saltwater.

Comment

I was stationed in Spokane, Wa for 4.5 years and just got back to Texas about a month ago. I loved it up there minus the winters, they were a little rough on me. We would visit CDA often as it was only 45 minutes from our house, lots of good local beers up there. Be sure that you look for a store called North 40, it’s like a Tractor Supply and Academy combined! I will miss the summers up there but Friday night my buddies that are still up there all had snow shovels in their hands...good luck, amigo. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Redlabels View Post
                I was stationed in Spokane, Wa for 4.5 years and just got back to Texas about a month ago. I loved it up there minus the winters, they were a little rough on me. We would visit CDA often as it was only 45 minutes from our house, lots of good local beers up there. Be sure that you look for a store called North 40, it’s like a Tractor Supply and Academy combined! I will miss the summers up there but Friday night my buddies that are still up there all had snow shovels in their hands...good luck, amigo. [emoji106]

Lol. Not for sure if i am going to buy a snow shovel. I have a john deere with a cab and plan on buying a plow for the front and a blower for the back.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                  Lol. Not for sure if i am going to buy a snow shovel. I have a john deere with a cab and plan on buying a plow for the front and a blower for the back.

Oh yeah, I hear ya! Lots of options for snow removal if you got a tractor [emoji106]. If you like ATV riding be sure to look up Gold Creek Lodge, miles and miles of trails

Comment

Oh yeah, I hear ya! Lots of options for snow removal if you got a tractor [emoji106]. If you like ATV riding be sure to look up Gold Creek Lodge, miles and miles of trails

Is that lake Coeur D'Alene in the background?

Comment

Very exciting move. My wife is leaning towards the same thing...but we love our property in TX. Congrats. What will you be doing for work?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                        Is that lake Coeur D'Alene in the background?

No, it’s actually Lake Pend Oreille. It’s about an hour north of Lake CDA. No where near as crowded and everyone gets around on 4wheelers or SxS.

Comment

No, it’s actually Lake Pend Oreille. It’s about an hour north of Lake CDA. No where near as crowded and everyone gets around on 4wheelers or SxS.

My house is 6 miles from Pend Oreille [emoji2]

Pon-der-ray for those unfamiliar.

Man i'm excited! We spentvtge night in Bozeman, should reach CDA today!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Very exciting move. My wife is leaning towards the same thing...but we love our property in TX. Congrats. What will you be doing for work?
                            Thank you fir the kind words! We loved our property in Texas, and the real Texans we still have left in Smith County. It was 90 wednesday Oct. 21st when we finished loading the uhaul...we had our first 90 degree day the second week in April..7 full months of 90 degree weather was a major factor for us. We will give Idaho a try if its too cold we will move again, just seeking an area with four season climate, outdoor lifestyle and conservative politics.

I am a self employed landlord, my wife works for a diagnostic imaging company. She will need to be in Houston four or five times a year, her company will fly her down.

Comment

Best wishes to you and your family. It takes alot of cajones to just pick up and move across the country.

I've been considering Idaho for some time as well. Here are a few positive points relative to me and my current situation:

- Lower temps / 4 seasons
                              - Public hunting opportunities
                              - Lots'o Mountains
                              - Hiking / Fishing / Dual-Sport moto
                              - Low crime
                              - Mostly conservative population
                              - Decent school system
                              - Relatively low cost of living

Comment

Any insight into the taxes in ID? State income tax? Sales tax?

Comment

Working...
                                X