No announcement yet.

GTI (Gone To Idaho)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember some of your past threads. I know you have put a lot of thought into this and sounds like you have found the perfect place. Good luck up there!

Comment

Enjoy your sub zero winters and shoveling snow

Comment

Congratulations on making the movie to one of the American Redoubt States.
        Last edited by tps7742; 10-09-2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          I don’t see any down side. I bet it’s a Wonderful place to live
          Originally posted by rvd View Post
          Beautiful country there, best of luck!
          Originally posted by unclefish View Post
          Good luck. You don't have to talk me into it...sounds wonderful!
          Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
          I love Idaho! I've hunted a couple of times out of Kamiah, Id. It is literally a paradise for sportsmen. Congratulations on this opportunity!
          Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          I want to follow you
          Originally posted by Greyman View Post
          I lived there for 12 yrs. near the Boise area, absolutely loved it, wife has Lupas so she can't handle the cold anymore. It is AWESOME there.
          Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          Never been to Idaho but sounds like I would like it
          Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
          Go every summer, we stay in Driggs. Went through Couer D’Alene this summer, super nice place, I am jealous!!! Continue to post, I hope to have a home there one day. Congrats
          Originally posted by Blank View Post
          Congrats. Welcome to our great state. Hope you enjoy it, and have the time of your life exploring new country..
          Originally posted by rtp View Post
          I remember some of your past threads. I know you have put a lot of thought into this and sounds like you have found the perfect place. Good luck up there!
          Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
          Congratulations on making the movie to one of the American Redoubt States.
          Thank you all for the well wishes! Half the time I am scared of the change, half the time I am angry for waiting so long. We are really excited. We don't see any downsides other than leaving a few friends and family down here, that mostly live in other parts of the state than where we currently live anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
            Friend of mine's son,is a park ranger somewhere;up there.He said next to Iowa,nicest people in the USA..
            Congratulations bubba.Maybe someday I'll join ya.I love old Texas..New Texas is gettin' under my skin nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
            That was one of the factors in our move... Tyler is still pretty much old Texas but none of the major cities are.

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
            Enjoy your sub zero winters and shoveling snow
            Lol average annual low in CDA is 10. Hasn't been cold enough to freeze over lake CDA since 2000. We expect snow but I doubt I'll be shoveling much of it. I have a tractor with heated cab and I'll be buying a plow and blower. Might shovel a path on the back deck. But that beats 7 months of 90 degree weather to me. Summer time is basically unusable outdoors in daylight down here. We both want to experience 4 full seasons. I am looking forward to living 30 minutes from a ski resort, especially since this one isn't overrran with weirdo snow hippies from Denver.

Comment

^ Idaho is a beautiful state enjoy

Comment

Idaho is beautiful. You’re gonna love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have contemplated moving back there to get out of this liberal ****hole Austin has become. I grew up in Orofino, and have alot of family and friends there. The last few years we spend all of September in the area. I know quite a few people in the Rathdrum area and will say the growth up there is happening bigtime. Alot of people moving to that Coeur d'Alene to Spokane corridor. The good thing is, it's just a short drive to some of the best hunting, fishing, and outdoor life that one could ask for. Enjoy and I will follow your move.

Hogboy

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                    I have contemplated moving back there to get out of this liberal ****hole Austin has become. I grew up in Orofino, and have alot of family and friends there. The last few years we spend all of September in the area. I know quite a few people in the Rathdrum area and will say the growth up there is happening bigtime. Alot of people moving to that Coeur d'Alene to Spokane corridor. The good thing is, it's just a short drive to some of the best hunting, fishing, and outdoor life that one could ask for. Enjoy and I will follow your move.

Hogboy

The CDA-Spokane metropolitan area is going crazy. Super hot real estate market. Very conservative and a friendly good place to live, we are excited.

I will continue to post on here, I still have ties in Texas and will be down occasionally. You should totally follow me up there! Would love to gtg.

Comment

Beautiful place. Would also have to add fishing in the backcountry.

Comment

The wife and I are debating on getting another place in either Oklahoma or Idaho. My Californian wife argues against Idaho because it’s too close to Cali and she is afraid the liberal Californians are going to move there and ruin it. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
                          The wife and I are debating on getting another place in either Oklahoma or Idaho. My Californian wife argues against Idaho because it’s too close to Cali and she is afraid the liberal Californians are going to move there and ruin it. Lol.
                          Hover your mouse over Kootenai county on the link below. It is one of the most conservative counties in the country....And almost everybody up there are conservative evacuees from the left coast craziness.

Not knocking Oklahoma, but don't be afraid of ID going liberal IMO. If anything it has trended further to the right the last few elections.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
                            They have been for years. Boise is getting bad, not Austin bad, but still bad.

Comment

Congrats on the move. I've been researching places for the last few years & Idaho is on top of the list due to all the reasons mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is one of the big reasons we are moving...mid 90s in October...smh

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X