Remington 700 adl to bdl conversion kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 700 adl to bdl conversion kit

I'm looking to switch stocks on my Remington 700 ADL (breach loading), but first I need to switch to either a floor plate or mag fed loading mechanism.

Has anyone done this with their rifle, if so did you switch to floor plate mechanism or magazine loader?

I am only in the beginning stages of my stock picking, so any suggestions as to rifle stocks would be appreciated.

Note: 30-06 (long action), Timney after market trigger(not sure if that matters)
    Last edited by LOC4L; 09-18-2020, 03:08 PM.

Great question. Following.

Comment

I retrofitted with the Magpul dbm "plastic" unit. Works great.

Comment

Do you have a budget in mind? There are tons of options and the prices range from that’s pretty good to OMG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Do you have a budget in mind? There are tons of options and the prices range from that’s pretty good to OMG!

For the ammo loading mechanism:
          I'd prefer to keep it under 200.

For the stock:
          I am going to be using this for hunting 2-3 times a year, but will pay for quality, but I don't need it equipped with every gadget/luxury.

Comment

Standard BDL floor plate can be purchase for $100-$125

Aftermarket DBM hardware will cost $150-350, AI type 5-rd magazine will run
            around $50

Stocks cost from $200 - $1500

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 09-18-2020, 05:30 PM.

Comment

The Magpul unit is only $70 but you’ll have to spend some quality time with a Dremel tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                The Magpul unit is only $70 but you’ll have to spend some quality time with a Dremel tool.

His gun is an ADL. It will take more than a dremel. Also if it’s a standard plastic stock I wouldn’t even waste my time inletting it.

Remington actually sells HS Precision stocks on their website $70 cheaper than Stockys. If you want a BDL floorplate figure $200 all in. I can’t find them as cheap as Cajun Blake says above.

For DBM I like the Grayboe M5 style DBM. I wouldn’t use the Magpul DBM as it doesn’t fit a standard inlet and once you open it up to fit, there’s no going to anything else.

Comment

Converted my adl to bdl style a couple of years ago.
                  Grayboe stock and bottom metal from red hawk rifles online. They had a deal going
                  Shoots really well and looks great. (Also put a timney in it)

Comment

I have a 700 SPS (heavy barrel) and recently upgraded to a B&C stock. I’d be willing to part with the factory Hogue stock that it came with (includes cutout for floor plate).

**I just saw where you said you were looking for long action options ... mine is a short action from a 308**

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll probably be purchasing the conversion kit and new stock simultaneously so may not need to dremel out any part of the stock.

Comment

No fitting needed on the setup i posted.
                        All dropped right in

Comment

Working...
                        X