No announcement yet.

Gonna be a HOT night..AC wise that is!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully you checked the circuit breaker. The hum you hear may just be the unit contactor that is closed by the room thermostat. They all hum but the operation of compressor and fan covers up that noise. After checking or resetting breaker and no operation there may be something in the contactor (some spider, insect, or ants between contacts) Sometimes cycling the thermostat off and on will dislodge whatever it is (or the contacts will have to be manually cleaned / sprayed out) Good luck with it

Comment

81 in the house this morning but thankfully got a big rain the last hour and it's 72 outside. Not "too" bad last night and we got some sleep.

Repair is scheduled for sometime after noon so hope we are back up soon. I appreciate all the suggestions and wish I was able to check it out but time has caught up with me. At least all we are out, besides comfort, is $100 deductible even if it is something major such as compressor, etc.

Thanks again all for the responses!

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
        Ours just went out this morning. I am guessing a capacitor on ours. It seems to go out once a summer.
        hate to hear it, make sure you keep it under 1.21 gigawatts and you shouldnt have a problem

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
          81 in the house this morning but thankfully got a big rain the last hour and it's 72 outside. Not "too" bad last night and we got some sleep.

Repair is scheduled for sometime after noon so hope we are back up soon. I appreciate all the suggestions and wish I was able to check it out but time has caught up with me. At least all we are out, besides comfort, is $100 deductible even if it is something major such as compressor, etc.

So these home warranty people will replace your old worn out AC unit with a new one for 100 bucks?

Comment

Fixed mine last week. Put a $10 capacitor and a $30 control board on when the Fan stopped blowing. I ordered another set of them to have for the next time.

Comment

my ac went out last week the blades on the blower dislodged called a local company out to have them fix it. they quoted me 600 just for parts. i bought everything i needed and did it myself it was under 200

Comment

Glad you made it through the night Kuma. Best of luck getting your a/c fixed today, you'll need it in the next few days/months.

Finally got my office building fixed yesterday after over a week. Had to put a whole new unit on the roof, cost me dearly but worth it.

Comment

Oh man I feel for you brother

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post

Watch out for the extras... My neighbor had their compressor go out and it needed replacement. Their warranty company picked up the labor and material cost, however they did not pick up the "extras" necessary for them to complete the job [emoji6]. That free 1/2 ac system cost them $2000, they had extras for a new ac pad (old one was fine), permitting, disposal etc. Make sure you keep them honest, the warranty companies don't pay the ac companies much so they look to the customer for that shortfall.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you get situated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X