X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
    Take her to a Motel 6 and romance her!
    Thanks Doug...we will be dropping off 3 Weenie Dogs and a Catahoula on our way!

Comment

If I was at the house I’d run an AC over to you but I’m on shift until 0800. If it doesn’t get fixed first thing tomorrow then update this post and I’ll be on my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine died in early July. We made it one night with box fans and open windows. Window units the next day.

Comment

Gonna be a HOT night..AC wise that is!

Today was a HOT day
          I got home and it was 79 and both my units were wide open
          I thought they were done. I’m ONT he same boat trying to nurse through one more summer!
          Finally cooling down now so we may make it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
            Thanks Doug...we will be dropping off 3 Weenie Dogs and a Catahoula on our way!

Comment

thank God we are in America where we can get a temporary fix for relatively small cost until a major repair can be completed in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                AC mechanical skills are not in my expertise but thanks for the comment. We are looking at a $100 deductible with our home warranty..yep, but we have had great luck with the warranty company with past repairs.

I know a LOT of folks bad mouth these home warranty companies, but when age has entered the picture and one can't get around that good, at least for us so far it has been a great thing. With my wife recovering they expedited the repair time. I called the biggest AC repair company in Granbury and they told me at least 3-4 days before they could schedule. Just another thing that bothers me in my retirement years and paying physically for the "sin's of my youth," just a lot of things I'm unable to do anymore.

Blessings and thanks all for the responses..."time will tell, lol."
                Worst case scenario:
                Turn AC on like normal. Go outside and wack the fan blades. If it’s a capacitor, it’ll start spinning!

Comment

If nothing else, go outside after sunset and give your house a good hosing off. You’d be amazed at how much doing this will cool the whole house off.

Comment

Turn off the power, open the control panel with a 5/16" nutdriver, and look at the capacitor.If it is swelled up, or the top or bottom isn't flat, that is most likely the problem. Look at the tag on the capacitor, take a pic, and go to grainger or an ac supply house and buy a new one. Don't buy one made in china. Carefully pull the wires off one at a time and plug them into the terminal with the same markings. turn on power and enjoy the ac. If you don't have a voltmeter, turn off the indoor breaker as well before touching any wires.

Comment

Ours went out last Thursday....I fell your pain!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                        Worst case scenario:
                        Turn AC on like normal. Go outside and wack the fan blades. If it’s a capacitor, it’ll start spinning!
                        heard this before...worth a shot.

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                        Turn off the power, open the control panel with a 5/16" nutdriver, and look at the capacitor.If it is swelled up, or the top or bottom isn't flat, that is most likely the problem. Look at the tag on the capacitor, take a pic, and go to grainger or an ac supply house and buy a new one. Don't buy one made in china. Carefully pull the wires off one at a time and plug them into the terminal with the same markings. turn on power and enjoy the ac. If you don't have a voltmeter, turn off the indoor breaker as well before touching any wires.
                        get a neighbor to help if you aren't comfortable doing this. Lots cheaper than a service call.

My unit died a few years ago. Green screen sent me in the right direction getting a new capacitor. worked like a charm.

Comment

go to a hotel and dogs can go outside where they belong anyways

Comment

I did this last summer. Capicitor burned up and melted a wiring harness.

I built a new harness out of 4 wire trailer wire and bought a capacitor the next day. Sent my wife and son to her folks and laughed at everyone who said I was crazy for putting a window unit in my workshop as I set up my cot in 70 degrees.

It was 103 when I got the ac back on and 82 inside, took till the next morning to get it back to 72 inside. Cost me $35 for what Ac guy was gonna charge 600 for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not a bad idea if you know what you are doing to open the outside unit to get the capacitor size and buy a spare to have on standby. It’s some $20 and no sweating insurance. As I said if you know what you are doing.

Comment

I talked about this at lunch today with my grandma. We were both complaining about how hot it was and she brought up the fact that they didn’t have AC for the first 10+ years of her life. I can tell you right now if mine went out I’d be staying elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X