• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one have a Rec Tec?

Comment

Am happy with my Pit Boss pellet cooker from Academy

Comment

I got a Traeger two weeks ago. I freaking love it.

Comment

Pellet and a Webber for grilling.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
            Pellet and a Webber for grilling.

Lowe's in Baytown has a kamado Joe classic for $750 reg. 1200

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
              I know they are completely different but wanted yalls thoughts if you could only have one.

Have never had a smoker of any kind and only had propane. It came to the end of its life when moving and looking at getting something. Don't want to spend $1k on a pellet grille wishing I had propane still and then have to spend another $1k on a propane grille. So if you could only have one or the other which would you go with and why. Thanks for the help.
              Pellet Grill. all the way. Not even close.

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
              Any one have a Rec Tec?
              Yes. We love it. Got the Stampede 570. Use it at least once a week. I did a ton of research on every brand I could find. Kept coming back to the Rec Tec.

Comment

Can you use rabbit food in those things? How is the flavor?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Can you use rabbit food in those things? How is the flavor?

Lmao

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                    My 2* for what it’s worth. It really depends on what you like to eat more of. If you like to cook brisket, ribs, chicken and smoke some tenderloin that’s what you’ll get with the pellet grill. I have cooked pies, cold smoked cheese, and baked lots of bread in mine.

If you like grilling, burgers, steaks, chicken and whatnot then go for the propane grill.

Personally, I have a plain charcoal grill for the “whatnots” that I spent very little on but use regularly and I’ve got a traeger that I got on sale and absolutely love. I enjoy something on the Traeger about once every two weeks or sooner and I enjoy something on the grill about once a week. If it were me, I’d have both if you want the propane over the charcoal. A little Smokey lasts forever and takes up a small footprint. It’s the pellet grill that will take up space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    This ^^ Love my Traeger. I've had all kinds of smokers and grills. If I want to grill I have a cheap charcoal grill and a wood pit but, the Traeger gets far more use.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                      Lmao

Skinny
                      Feed rabbits the fake wood pellets and put their crap in their for that extra "special" flavor.

LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Feed rabbits the fake wood pellets and put their crap in their for that extra "special" flavor.

LOL.

Man that would create a great bark! [emoji23]

Skinny

Comment

Think I made a decision. Gonna get a smaller traeger than I was looking at and then get a small propane grill later if I feel I need one.

Comment

All you need is a 100.00 barrel grill/smoker and a 150.00 gas grill bro. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                              Think I made a decision. Gonna get a smaller traeger than I was looking at and then get a small propane grill later if I feel I need one.

You’ll be happy. You’ll probably still want the propane grill so I’d keep an eye out for a great deal. I still couldn’t have just the Traeger, I really enjoy having both options for whenever I want a good steak, hard seared on both sides. But I’ve made some crazy good stuff on my Traeger that I could have never done on the grill. Also, when you get the smoker always be on the lookout for pellet deals, they come and go but I’ve learned the better the pellet, they burn slower and leave less dust (which clogs your firebox up). I like the lumberjack pellets and keep an eye out for deals on all the different woods. Post oak is my go to, but I’ve accumulated fruit woods and some great pecan. They all pair well together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There's a Weber smoker in the classifieds right now

Comment

Working...
                                X