Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone un-loaded baseball cards recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Will "The Thrill" was my guy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man! Will Clark, Mark Grace and Ken Griffey Jr had the smoothest swings in baseball history!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      Do you think a Nolan Ryan rookie card is worth anything? I also have a Cal Ripkin rookie card.
      Just did a quick google search and depending on what card it is and obviously condition, the Ryan rookies range from ~$300 to $25k (I doubt it but it comes up)

Comment

cards

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
        Years ago my Mom called and said she was cleaning out the attic and did I want my baseball cards.

Most all from the 1950s - Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, and a bunch of others - lots of memories. My Mantle was worth $500 at one time but have not checked lately.
        Seeing those names makes me think of when we watched the Homerun Derby show on tv. Every week they'd have two of these old guys on competing against each other

Comment

I think another factor why they aren't worth as much is the availability of the printers that can counterfeit.

Comment

I used to collect during that same time period. Nowadays you wont get much of anything unless they are graded by a company like PSA. PSA seems to bring the most money and of course the higher the grade, the higher the price.

There is a Nolan Ryan rookie PSA 9 on EBAY right now for close to $7K. My suggestion is pick a few of your favorites and if they look to be in excellent condition (corners, centering ect) send them to PSA and have them graded. Then they will be worth something. Or you then have a graded card to hand down to your kids.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
              Just did a quick google search and depending on what card it is and obviously condition, the Ryan rookies range from ~$300 to $25k (I doubt it but it comes up)
              Thank you. I have locked in a safe with a dehumidifer. I think it is mint but I'm not sure I would hang $10,000 on it. I have not pulled it out in a while so I don't even know what card it is.

I have several others, but I'm not a collector. I just accidentally held onto these since I was in junior high school.

Comment

My son was born in 1989 and I got him a box of Rookie cards each year for Christmas. They are still un-opened boxes and there should be a lot of good players in those but maybe his soon to be new son will enjoy them one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post
                  I used to collect during that same time period. Nowadays you wont get much of anything unless they are graded by a company like PSA. PSA seems to bring the most money and of course the higher the grade, the higher the price.

There is a Nolan Ryan rookie PSA 9 on EBAY right now for close to $7K. My suggestion is pick a few of your favorites and if they look to be in excellent condition (corners, centering ect) send them to PSA and have them graded. Then they will be worth something. Or you then have a graded card to hand down to your kids.
                  Will PSA buy them or are they just a grading service?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                    I feel your pain. Probably $10 worth lol.

I guess Ill give all mine to my kids. Couple Jordan rookie cards are best I have.
                    You do know that a Michael Jordan Rookie mint condition is worth $100,000?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      My nephews (5th and 7th grade) got into our cards and now trading / selling them at school. It does my heart good to see them and their friends getting involved with the cards.
                      Yes sir, Breck is in that mix with them. I handed over all mine to him for trade bait.............

Rwc

Comment

Not to hijack, but I have a few complete sets, in binders, and I think some loose cards too. Early 90s. I have never watched baseball, so I don't even know why I bought them.

Anyway, I found them in my dads shop when I was cleaning it out. I was going to add them to the dumpster next time I went. If anyone here wants them, send me a PM. Pickup in the Houston area would be nice, but I'll ship them on your dime.

Comment

Perhaps Dale you could invent some type of card game that results in the destruction of the played card and over time the cards left may have some value? Kinda like the old card in the bicycle spoke trick!

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post

What's PSA and how do I find them?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I did too. Every time we stopped at a gas station when I was a kid, to get dad a 6 pack and a payday, and me a butterfinger and a Dr Pepper, he'd let me grab a pack or two. When I started working when I was 10, every Friday on the way home mom would take me to the card shop in Keller. It was owned by a jackass old yankee named Harry Meagher, but I think before that it was owned by an old bricklayer named Pick. Pick was a good dude, last I heard he was working for my now competition in the stone business.

Looking back through them has brought back a lot of good old memories.

I think I'm gonna keep most of the sets, and the ones pictured....just because.

I'll give away the rest, probably something decent in them too. Probably not many that kids now would recognize though.

man I remember the card shop in Keller. Been a long time. Used to live down the road from golden burger growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd1212 View Post
                                man I remember the card shop in Keller. Been a long time. Used to live down the road from golden burger growing up.

That would've put you right behind the greatness of Jr's Café. Golden burger finally went ahead and change the name, they are now a Vietnamese restaurant. There's a gun store in there now called Bear Creek firearms, but I have not stopped.

Comment

Working...
                                X