No announcement yet.

Taxing the rain on your water bill, Texas falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everytime it rains the city should reimburse the tax payers for using the storm water drains the tax payers paid for

Comment

In Colorado I believe you are only legally allowed to collect 2 rain barrels of water on your property. 110 gallons. Hopefully we never get to a point we have water harvesting police here in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
        And you guys put up with it?

When it affects me I’ll either move or change my oil over the storm drain

I guess I truely am Johnny come lately
        No, you are a cancerous tumor spouting pus all over this website.

"The stormwater fee is billed by SAWS on behalf of the City of San Antonio's stormwater utility to support and manage the operation and maintenance of the stormwater infrastructure, as well as for engineering, design, and capital improvements."

Impervious cover fees are used to fix problems like this. These problems don't fix themselves for free.

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
            BULLCRAP and Jonestown Koolaid!

Even without man made “hard” surfaces, VERY LITTLE of the rainfall, especially a hard rainfall permeates the soil, MOST is runoff.

The darn street is the largest of these barriers anyway.

Why should people have to pay for God making it rain?
            Because that rain has to be channeled somewhere and in the real world that costs money to engineer and maintain.

This sort of crap is what makes me almost ashamed to call myself a libertarian.

Children who want all the benefits but don't want to pay for it because they are "sovereign citizens".
            Last edited by Jspradley; 02-14-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Most folks don't complain much about the 'storm water' charges because it impacts them so little (maybe $5 month).
              But I can tell you that being hit with a $313.20 'storm water utility' charge every freaking month on the water bill for my storage facility is no picnic. And the 'water charge' for that same month - $24.20.
              And there are no 'storm water' facilities around us, no sewer lines (we are on the edge of Fort Worth and have septic).

Comment

Texas actually is the opposite of some strict states when it comes to rainwater. they encourage rainwater harvesting and in certain areas the damming of dry creeks and drainages. in the hill country it gives the water a chance to soak in and recharge the aquifer rather than running off. and those that harvest rainwater for household or gardening use, use less well/city water.

then also look at the type of government in states and municipalities that are against it.

Comment

I can't get my head wrapped around the fact that your benevolent city fathers extort money from us to build systems that allow them to extort more money for more systems!

Comment

Working...
                  X