Project Container Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work. I love projects like this.

Sounds like your running fresh water lines in the ceiling. Maybe I missed it but how will you run the sewer lines underneath?

Comment

The videos wont play for me .... are they on youtube ?

Comment

That is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
          Great work. I love projects like this.

Sounds like your running fresh water lines in the ceiling. Maybe I missed it but how will you run the sewer lines underneath?

No sewer under. Rear discharge toilet & shower built on 6" riser allows everything to drain through the back wall where it will then go underground.

Comment

Here is a pic of mine. The toilet has a pressure type bellows. The water lines run along inside of wall so easy to repair if leaks. Wish I could say I built it but I bought finished out. Good luck with your build.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
              The videos wont play for me .... are they on youtube ?
              should be able to find them under my same username as here.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                No sewer under. Rear discharge toilet & shower built on 6" riser allows everything to drain through the back wall where it will then go underground.

I figured you had a plan. You may proceed.

Again very cool project. Even cooler you have the family involved.

Comment

Boy howdy, these turned out great. Love some diy projects like these.

Comment

this is awesome!

Comment

I am purchasing a container, actually just paid for it yesterday. I will be doing the same thing but with only one instead of two.

Since you posted on the moisture issue have you noticed any?

Did you nail down the studs or are they just freestanding?

Any tips for someone that is going to be doing the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
                        I am purchasing a container, actually just paid for it yesterday. I will be doing the same thing but with only one instead of two.

Since you posted on the moisture issue have you noticed any?

Did you nail down the studs or are they just freestanding?

Any tips for someone that is going to be doing the same thing?

Have not noticed any moisture issues here.

Base plates are screwed to the floor and the top of the framing is he'd part by the ceiling joist so nothing is attached to the container walls.

Tips:

Study and decide on your AC system prior to frame out. I was set on the mini-split systems due to ease of installation and having been around 2 of them. Well no one in this area will even talk to me about them because they don't heat well below 35-40 degrees. Now I am framing places and running new wiring for PEC units (think hotel style AC)

As mentioned, all plumbing through walls not the floor so rear discharge toilet and raise shower enough to allow for drain pipe.

The rest is pretty basic

Comment

As tight as those things are, it would take very little "supplemental" heat, on those occaisions that your main system may not kee p up. And I have a hard time believing those units won'tkeep up at 35-40, or 10-15 for that matter, in those containers. In a regular old structure maybe.....but not in those.

Awesome stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            As tight as those things are, it would take very little "supplemental" heat, on those occaisions that your main system may not kee p up. And I have a hard time believing those units won'tkeep up at 35-40, or 10-15 for that matter, in those containers. In a regular old structure maybe.....but not in those.

Awesome stuff.

I agree Dale but they are also 3X the $$ so I'm not gambling. Additional bonus is I have a hard time coordinating any services for when I am actually in camp. The PEC units can easily be slid out of the wall and taken home for service.

Comment

Why did you decide on the PEC units as opposed to a regular window unit?

Also in you comment on the frame, I know there is marine grade flooring in my container when you mentioned the base frame is screwed in, I am assuming that base frame is screwed into that flooring?

Not sure I understood what you meant by the top frame is held by the ceiling joist. I am assuming you are saying that they will not fall inwards because of the cross beams that you have put in.

Sorry since I haven't done the work I can only go by general knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
                                Why did you decide on the PEC units as opposed to a regular window unit?

Also in you comment on the frame, I know there is marine grade flooring in my container when you mentioned the base frame is screwed in, I am assuming that base frame is screwed into that flooring?

Not sure I understood what you meant by the top frame is held by the ceiling joist. I am assuming you are saying that they will not fall inwards because of the cross beams that you have put in.

Sorry since I haven't done the work I can only go by general knowledge.

I believe the PEC to be more efficient and quieter at not much more expense.

Comment

Working...
                                X