Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicely done!

Comment

That is awesome, way to get it done! Congrats!

Comment

Great read. Congratulations

Comment

Great write up.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Comment

What a great ram, and a fantastic write up! They are neat animals, and bigger than you think.

I want to hunt in that canyon someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice. We just got done with the hunt after yours. We were in the far eastern part of unit 3, right by 4. I got the chance to kill 3 rams but only recovered one

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by atorres View Post
                Nice. We just got done with the hunt after yours. We were in the far eastern part of unit 3, right by 4. I got the chance to kill 3 rams but only recovered one

Man I would be curious where. North of the rock slide? Any pics of your ram?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                  Man I would be curious where. North of the rock slide? Any pics of your ram?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                  If you mean the rockslide that formed the pond, yes. I think we actually found your tracks going through there. In the Northeast corner of 3 there's a big bowl. Follow the North Cita creek west of that bowl about half a mile. There's a shallow bowl formed by the north canyon wall there and that's where they were.

The first ram I shot was definitely 28", and I would bet he was 29-30. Naturally that's one of the ones I lost. The one I recovered was much smaller.

Comment

Congrats nice Ram!

Comment

What calibers were you guys shooting?

Comment

Originally posted by atorres View Post
                        If you mean the rockslide that formed the pond, yes. I think we actually found your tracks going through there. In the Northeast corner of 3 there's a big bowl. Follow the North Cita creek west of that bowl about half a mile. There's a shallow bowl formed by the north canyon wall there and that's where they were.

The first ram I shot was definitely 28", and I would bet he was 29-30. Naturally that's one of the ones I lost. The one I recovered was much smaller.

I knew it. I glassed that area some Tuesday evening and had a good feeling there would be sheep in that area. I actually debated going that direction Wednesday morning. Unit 4 just runs out of real estate pretty quick, so I ultimately went south. Still worked out just fine lol. Congrats on the ram.

Comment

Originally posted by Eberle View Post
                          What calibers were you guys shooting?
                          Oh yeah, just realized I didnt tell you guys that. I was shooting a Sako 300 win mag, 165 grain bullet. My ram absorbed that first shot in the shoulder with no problem. Tough critters.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                            I knew it. I glassed that area some Tuesday evening and had a good feeling there would be sheep in that area. I actually debated going that direction Wednesday morning. Unit 4 just runs out of real estate pretty quick, so I ultimately went south. Still worked out just fine lol. Congrats on the ram.
                            Congrats on yours.

Comment

Any pics of said rockslide?

Comment

Congrats on a good one

Comment

Working...
                                X