Tx state longbow championship??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tx state longbow championship??

I have helped host shoots of all styles and formats and you can’t please all of the people all the time. We have a great turnout and happy shooters with the rules as written and enforced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dkincaid; 01-03-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Either way, it’s a great shoot! I really like the format.

Comment

Last year I didn't have a longbow. I do now but haven't a clue whether it will work for them. It would be a long drive to show up and find out it's not. So should I stay or should I go?

Gary

Comment

Gary, Measure the thickness of the limb at 3” above and 6” below the shelf. You should be really close! I guess I need to double check my patterns and make adjustments so that all my 1and 2 piece bows fit these requirements if they don’t already.
          The one I made for Shiloh last year fits the requirements but I had to make a slight adjustment just to be sure when I built it.

Comment

I will but the question was posed from more academic of a position than whether I would go. I'm a long way from being good enough to compete at that level. Yet.

Gary

Comment

DRT, This is a fun shoot, it does not require you to be of any certain skill level. The same guys are going to win every year because they have more skill than the rest of us, but that is true of EVERY tournament you may enter, so if you can go, give it a try. Regardless of who I shoot with, we all have a good time.

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Meuir View Post
                DRT, This is a fun shoot, it does not require you to be of any certain skill level. The same guys are going to win every year because they have more skill than the rest of us, but that is true of EVERY tournament you may enter, so if you can go, give it a try. Regardless of who I shoot with, we all have a good time.

Wayne
                If it's not for the top shooters, why call it a "championship"? Honestly I am going to shoots more for the same reason I used to shoot 3D with a compound. It's good practice. Plus seeing the other shooters, bows, styles and techniques is very interesting to me. I promise I'm not going to be challenging anyone for their buckle.

Gary

Comment

Gary we had this conversation last year I think about cowtowns shoots. Just stop being so hard headed and come give them a shot try all three of them. Nobody will give you a hard time they are all good folks at all the shoots. If you don’t have a bow that qualifies I’ll have an extra you can use. If you don’t have wood arrows I have about a 1000 I can get some that will work for you. Trad shoots are nothing at all like compound shoots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm actually fixing to order some wood arrows. Driving the distance to some of these shoots I want to be able to shoot multiple classes. I will make more shoots this year. I may make that one just depends on conflicts with scouts and hunts for most of them.

Gary

Comment

Gary, I suck and I still had a great time at this shoot! I shot a bow that was 76# at my draw because I only have a three piece longbow. Even though I let go accidentally at my chin every shot, I loved the shoot! Just use some bug repellent on your legs! You don’t want ticks where I got a couple at all!

Comment

I looked at that schedule. I'll be back from Canada before then so I should make it.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                          Gary, I suck and I still had a great time at this shoot! I shot a bow that was 76# at my draw because I only have a three piece longbow. Even though I let go accidentally at my chin every shot, I loved the shoot! Just use some bug repellent on your legs! You don’t want ticks where I got a couple at all!
                          I carry a sulphur sock in the warmer months. It is very effective to keep ticks, chiggers and other critters off the legs/waist. Permitherin is your friend too.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                          X