No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer are on the corn and food plots hard right now. lots of mature bucks killable but not my top two.

Tony, you can post the crappy cell phone video if you want..

Comment

Deer are on the corn and food plots hard right now. lots of mature bucks killable but not my top two.

Tony, you can post the crappy cell phone video if you want..

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
        He's dead. Saw him on another website. Hope it was you or your buddy that got him.

It was my friend that ended up getting him.
        Taxi is going to measure him. I went and looked at it and i say he’ll be in the 60’s

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        I bet that deer is over 10 years old.

May be, He’s definitely old, I’ve seen him several times and I don’t think he’s 13” or I’de have my daughter hunting him.

Maybe I can salvage the season and get one of two mature bucks i have hanging around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I finally sealed the deal on my #1 target yesterday evening. Not a bow kill but I put many hours in 2 seasons in a row for this guy. Special for me with the amount of encounters, history and watching him grow. Next round of trail cam runs will be weird checking.
          Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Antlers86!

Comment

Gato numero dos abajo!

Squeaked him in to 25 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My #1 target buck just would not show up on camera in daylight so i quit waiting on him when a new buck showed up on another property. He had been there 5 days a row in daylight. Then the full moon hit and he got real flaky and was always coming in at night. I waited for the moon to shrink and then checked the cam again. Him and a nice wide buck were back in daylight pretty regular. I made my play saturday night. This is a 15 acre property at the back of a subdivision. He marched in like he owned the place. Shot looked perfect, but i only found 2 tiny drops of blood at the shot and none on the trail. My mind was blown. We looked for about an hour and decided to come back in the daylight. I don't know how we missed him. He barely made it out of sight. Entrance was in the golden triangle of death and it exited through the heaviest part of the shoulder joint where the scapula meets the humerus. That wac'em absolutely smashed it. I will post a pic of the target buck that will have to wait until next year as well. That was one of the only time he showed up in daylight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got my rusk county buck right before Christmas ,I had just about given up hope on him, no pics since second day of bowseason. I already posted a thread with the story but I wanted to put him on the east Texas thread to
                  The trail cam pic was about 5 minutes before I shot him !
                  Attached Files

Comment

I guess this thread has so many posts it wont load from my phone. We hunted near all day Friday and Saturday, had plans to go back today but the rain and misery of dealing with it won. We stayed home. It seems our deer are not playing by the same rule books as years past. Theyre not really on corn like I thought they would be

Ive got 2 muzzle loaders sighted in and we're gonna stretch this thing till the VERY end. Only got one doe in the freezer and if we don't get something done we may actually have to buy hamburger meat in 2019

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                      I got my rusk county buck right before Christmas ,I had just about given up hope on him, no pics since second day of bowseason. I already posted a thread with the story but I wanted to put him on the east Texas thread to
                      The trail cam pic was about 5 minutes before I shot him !
                      Man I love that deer ! He’s got it all. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        I guess this thread has so many posts it wont load from my phone. We hunted near all day Friday and Saturday, had plans to go back today but the rain and misery of dealing with it won. We stayed home. It seems our deer are not playing by the same rule books as years past. Theyre not really on corn like I thought they would be

Ive got 2 muzzle loaders sighted in and we're gonna stretch this thing till the VERY end. Only got one doe in the freezer and if we don't get something done we may actually have to buy hamburger meat in 2019
                        Ot just eat fish

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Ot just eat fish

You just let me know when youre ready to start after em again sir. Thoroughly enjoyed hammering them reds with you, phillip and fargus that day. I still got a buddy that thinks we hired a guide

Comment

You just let me know when youre ready to start after em again sir. Thoroughly enjoyed hammering them reds with you, phillip and fargus that day. I still got a buddy that thinks we hired a guide
                            We don't need no stinking guide, we are guides

Comment

Our lease is so muddy I can't even get my truck in the road to camp from the highway. I had to drive from Spring yesterday to meet my dad in Crocket to get our 4-wheeler. From there I had to drive to the lease, park the truck, take the 4-wheeler off the trailer, hook the trailer up to the 4-wheeler, then drive it all up to camp just so I can get around when I go up there. I left the 4-wheeler at camp then walked the 1.5 miles back to my truck. All while it was pouring rain.

But when I go back this still means parking just off the highway then walking up to camp, just so I can get the 4-wheeler to come back to my truck and get my stuff. Sheesh! What a mess this has been.

Comment

I hope you went and dumped out a whole lot of corn while you had the 4wheeler off the trailer.

Comment

Working...
                                X