Wiring a road feeder- Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
    Here’s another option. It takes a lil more “want to”.
    There’s a pin in the 7 pin trailer connector that can be made to have 12volts constantly. I had to add a fuse under the hood for mine to become hot. Buy a male 7-pin trailer plug and wire in a wireless remote operated switch on that hot pin. I use “The Remote”. Mount receiver unit of switch on road feeder. Keep wireless push button remote in center console of truck. Attach the feeder motor to remote operated switch as described in instructions.
    There's one for the trailer brakes too, you could just squeeze the manual activator on your dash to turn the feeder on.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
      I wired mine to turn the right turn signal on, push the break more than 1/2 way, be in reverse then hit the bright lights with the wheel turned all the way to the left and it throws..

You have instructions on how to do that?

Comment

I added a 2 pin plug to the front of my truck and made an extension cord with a rocker switch that plugs between feeder and two wire plug on truck and can also be used on the 4 wire trailer plug of any vehicle.

Comment

This is a funny thread.. bunch of McIvers on here...amazing the different ways everybody chooses to wire up a road feeder

Comment

I use the same feeder on my truck as my atv. My truck is wired directly into “upfitter” switches in super duty and I built this to run on 4wheeler. Plugs in lighter, goes on bottom of pvc. Cut one wire and put push button on. Come back out bottom and go to a 2 prong plug.
            Attached Files

Comment

You could just buy one of these for $20 from west Texas feeder supply

Click image for larger version

Name:	8F3BD722-0654-49D5-BF55-EBAE58B4DB43.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	24566521

Comment

Comment

Wire it to the fog lights on ours.

Comment

Working...
                  X