No announcement yet.

Truck bed cargo rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following! Any rough calculations on weight if you go with the diamond plate?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
      https://www.amazon.com/GCI-Clamp-Tru...77893662&psc=1

These are identical to my clamps. Keep in mind that mine are inaccessible with the tailgate up and locked)

I’ll definitely do that thanks for the link. I have some similar that I use for my kayak racks, but I like those better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
        Following! Any rough calculations on weight if you go with the diamond plate?

Not really...lol

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
          Alright folks a friend of mine got me thinking...Diamondplate on the floor instead of expanded metal and also enclosing the sides with diamondplate. By doing this and locking my tailgate anything I have underneath would essentially be protected from theft. I could even enclose the rear (above the tailgate) with diamondplate but I would have to put it on a hinge where I could open it to fit my dog kennels in.

Might want to add some of these if you haven’t already thought about it since you mentioned putting your dog kennels under there. Can’t wait to see the finished product, you just might motivate me to build one.
          Attached Files

Comment

In for the result

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
              Might want to add some of these if you haven’t already thought about it since you mentioned putting your dog kennels under there. Can’t wait to see the finished product, you just might motivate me to build one.

Will be open front and back so I won’t need the venting. Great idea though.

Comment

Sorry, canny. I completely forgot about you. I'll get you some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                  Sorry, canny. I completely forgot about you. I'll get you some pics.

I’m not worried. They won’t actually start building it for at least a few more weeks. Gotta wait for school to start back up

Comment

I've been contemplating this exact idea also because of our dog kennel.

If you diamondplate all sides, will there be sufficient ventilation for your dogs on hot days? Maybe I'm not visualizing your diamondplate idea correctly

Comment

Originally posted by mooch View Post
                      I've been contemplating this exact idea also because of our dog kennel.

If you diamondplate all sides, will there be sufficient ventilation for your dogs on hot days? Maybe I'm not visualizing your diamondplate idea correctly

Diamondplate would only be on top and sides not front and back. I actually thinking about not doing it on the sides anymore cause it would be easier to get stuff out of the bed if it was open.

Comment

Google search - Toyota Bed Racks and look at the pictures. Lots of great ideas there.

I have been wanting to do one for my 4dr shortbed Tacoma.
                        Something I can use to increase hauling above bed and be able to drape a tarp for bed sleeping.

Comment

Nice build!

Comment

Cool design. Sent to a buddy that is looking at something like that to put his three hole dog box elevated but have storage underneath

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

Working...
                              X