Duck Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Has anybody used a sit on top kayak for duck hunting? Thinking about doing a little work on mine and using it to get into public land.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    We use ours but don't usually hunt from them. We haul our stuff in two kayaks and pull a sled behind each. Set up in water and hide the yaks in the reeds. If you're hunting public,allow a couple extra hours to beat the jon boat guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      What do you use for camo for the boat? Do you actually hunt from the boat or do you set up on the bank?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      My ride 135 is bright orange. I use a combination of weathered burlap and walmart nylon camo netting that I have touched up with some flat brown and green paint plus natural material. We have made burlap covers that we can sit on the yak and cover everything. I would rather hunt from a stool in the water or a layout blind. I don't like having to worry about balance. We have lashed our to yaks together and that provided more support but it's just one more thing to get done in the morning. Build you blind, plant stools and shove the yaks in the reeds. The only time I wished I had a camo yak is when I had to retrieve birds in the muddy bottoms.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
        Yep that is them She is my Fiancee.
        NICE!! You definitely out kicked your coverage on that one!

Comment

Join the web’s most supportive community of creators and get high-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos in gorgeous HD and 4K with no ads.

Out checking a blind today!

Comment

Man oh man

Found my first group of teal today. Don't know what Saturday morning is going to be like, but nice knowing there are a few in the area.

Comment

Getting closer!!

Comment

Since I am not going to be able to be on a deer lease this year, I will be focusing on duck hunting a lot more. Just upgraded the decoy spread this week. Now I just have to get new waders to replace the ones with a leak. Hoping to get out for some teal birds

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                  What calls do y’all use? I use a whistle and Duck commanders teal hen.

Don’t see the need to mallard quack them to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I use just a whistle and a haydels gadwall call all year.

Comment

Might need to find new hunting buddies, everyone has bailed on me for opening morning of teal. Looks like me and one other guy are gonna try our luck on some teal and resident geese Saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                      Might need to find new hunting buddies, everyone has bailed on me for opening morning of teal. Looks like me and one other guy are gonna try our luck on some teal and resident geese Saturday morning.

[emoji23] dang! If my dog wasn’t sick and was feeling better I’d be right there with ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw my fist group of teal, about 20, in my area yesterday. Just can't hunt the lake they were on. But it is encouraging for Saturday.

Comment

Deeks have been pulled out of storage.

Tomorrow will be an examination to see if any repairs are needed, eg, new string and sinkers.

Possibly adding some Academy brand BWT so I can have more hens then drakes in the spread for Saturday.

Yes, its early Teal. The time we've been given to get all the duck gear ready for the season.

Good luck to everyone going. Be safe and don't take risks in the weather.

Hopefully its just rain and that's it.

Comment

We'll be headed out if its just rain. Lightning is a no go for me.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post

Possibly adding some Academy brand BWT so I can have more hens then drakes in the spread for Saturday.

Not sure if its been mentioned in this post yet but for early teal we run a bunch of big duck hens in with our teal to keep from having to buy so many teal decoys. Usually we wont even bring any teal drakes since none of the drakes are in full plume yet anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by js4242 View Post
                                We'll be headed out if its just rain. Lightning is a no go for me.
                                yea, that's my big fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X