No announcement yet.

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and BIL both drive a certain area on their way to work and before daybreak. All last season they both saw two big bucks in a particular spot. I know the landowners and he has most of his property leased.

A few weeks ago, the same two bucks showed up in the same spot several mornings in a row and they are both bigger. They describe one as a crazy tall typical ten and the other as really wide. I ran into one of the lease members and asked him if they were getting pics of those deer. He said they just had a couple of pics in the middle of the night at a feeder. That started me thinking about where those two deer might be hiding.

I talked to the land owner and asked who was hunting the other side of the road. just as I suspected he said no one as for reasons I wont get into, it was obviously not where most folks might hunt. I asked if he minded me going over there and of course he didn't but advised that I was wasting my time.

Jooger17 was riding around with me and I told him I wanted to put out sme corn and a camera in a spot. I could tell he thought I was crazy but I put out vanilla corn and a camera for two days. When I picked the camera up, I had a bunch of pictures on it. All of them were daylight pics of a post mature 8pt about 20 inside!

I left the spot alone for a week and put the camera out again two days ago. I still don't have pics of the high ten but I had pics of 5 mature bucks. ALL DAYLIGHT PICS! One is a typical 9pt that's 23 inches inside and has four extras. Got 8-9 inch brows too.

You see, as the pressure increased on the property across the road, the deer reacted. Those folks have almost no chance of killing one of these deer because they have discovered where no one ever hunts! I think im going to put Dad on that old wide deer. I almost hate to bloody it up yet though. Its just a matter of time until the giant ten shows at the corn pile. Im getting pics of that wide 9 all hours of the day.

Pressured deer...they are easy to pattern. This is just the stupidest place to deer hunt you ever saw.
    Last edited by GarGuy; 11-07-2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Sure enough a crazy deal!! Good luck with the big 10. Can't wait for him to show back up for you. I'm sure enough learning a lot from this thread and you

Comment

I have a few much bigger deer located so I may take dad after this wide deer Monday. His brows point forward and are super long. Probably wont score great but he is wide for East Tx.
        Attached Files

Comment

That is a real nice buck. I know you're shooting for 150+, but I'd have a hard time passing that deer right there.

Comment

Man I'd love for you to teach me the ways to ETX success. I've been getting my butt kicked for the last couple of years

Comment

2 awesome things about this thread (1) it's true (2) it works

Comment

Great buck. Did the area where bucks were spotted by the road have any special terrain feature? I used to see hundreds of dead deer on roads in Pennsylvania and would look at surrounding land to see why deer where crossing there. You can find those same type places where your hunting

Comment

Man get your dad on that wide boy!! 23-24 for sure

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                    Great buck. Did the area where bucks were spotted by the road have any special terrain feature? I used to see hundreds of dead deer on roads in Pennsylvania and would look at surrounding land to see why deer where crossing there. You can find those same type places where your hunting
                    Good point. This spot however had no logical reason for mature deer to cross there. Thats what made me think they were laying on the crazy side.

Comment

Awesome stories. Can't wait for the next ones

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                        Man get your dad on that wide boy!! 23-24 for sure
                        I think I will. he might surprise folks a wee bit on score to. His tines all lean out and makes them appear shorter. his brows go forward and are 7 and 8 inches. Not much mass but he does have 10 inches of trash you cant see in those pics.

I have him at
                        mass 30
                        G1 15
                        g2 16
                        g3s 13
                        g4 4
                        beams 44
                        spread 23
                        trash 10

Total 155 gross

Comment

Good stuff Steve. So this mature buck hangout.....what's it like? Open pasture with one small thicket area or something totally off the wall?

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                            Good stuff Steve. So this mature buck hangout.....what's it like? Open pasture with one small thicket area or something totally off the wall?
                            Totally off the wall. Cant describe it without someone finding it.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Totally off the wall. Cant describe it without someone finding it.
                              Understood. Hope you or your Dad get one of them!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                                Understood. Hope you or your Dad get one of them!
                                I honestly believe, I could kill this deer in an hours time. Gonna be a little different getting Dad in there without the deer knowing it but I have a plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X