Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trapping deer at Land’s End golf course on Lake Fork.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Did you ever talk to the news station? If so, how did it go?
    Last night I sent an email regarding the one-sided story, and he emailed me back that he would contact me today. Crickets. I don’t think I was the only one that contacted him after the story aired. I think this thing has blown up.

Comment

The State claims they own the deer that were here before it was a state. When there considered a nuicanse they just slaughter them? How does that benefit the population? I guess putting an antler restriction on bucks that eat better than trophy's is the answer to regulating the population. The older I get the less I could care about the size of antlers. Trying to get my son on his first buck was **** near impossible! He has lost interest in hunting with all the regulations. When I grew up a buck tag was meant to be used on what you considered a trophy! There has to be a better way to manage the population other than size of antlers! Sorry if I got side tracked, just don't agree with the way things are going for our future generations of hunters!

Comment

Ask anyone that knows me. I’m not crazy about neighborhoods everywhere except when I throw a for sale sign on it. I would imagine Rocky is in same boat I am. Neighborhoods attract all kinds. I bet there are plenty of folks that feed deer and then the guy next door that has a yard and $20k in landscaping destroyed. But also I’m big on land owner rights and will let about anyone stop by and kill a deer that is a kid. I’ve given up on peaches and a garden because of the deer.

Comment

Was interviewed by KLTV reporter today.
          Last edited by rocky; 01-11-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Don’t know how to post link to interview by KLTV done by Blake Holland from KLTV.

Comment

Blake Holland catches up with a Lake Fork man who says he disagrees with the way a Lake Fork neighborhood is controlling their deer population.

Comment

Attaboy, Richard!

Comment

How many yellow sticky notes did you use?[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

��. How they don’t understand this blows my mind

Comment

I’m just curious why so many folks think they’re smarter than a biologist who’s entire life revolves around the betterment of wildlife and the ecosystem as a whole?

Comment

Popcorn please? Here we go.....

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                          Some of you guys criticizing Rocky’s view would feel the exact same way if this were happening near your land.
                          Exactly.. I know that I would be some kind of freek'in PO'ed too...
                          Ive never been ANYWHERE in East Texas that had a overpopulation of deer.. At least to the point of them being a problem... Sounds like some BS to me..

Comment

Another thing.. If you don't like deer and consider them a nuisance then stay your azz in town, off of their home turf.... Us country folk like them.. Humans can screw up anything.. Unbelievable..

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                              I’m just curious why so many folks think they’re smarter than a biologist who’s entire life revolves around the betterment of wildlife and the ecosystem as a whole?
                              Yeah really. I'm sure they will only kill bucks with a 13" or greater spread, because those are the only bucks needed to be removed from the herd.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                                Keep in mind that local biologist have to deal with landowners that don’t understand biology or wildlife. In lots of cases, it’s easier for them to capitulate to the landowners so that their jobs advance with as little major controversy as they can avoid. I think TPWD does a good job, but in some cases they have to cave and keep the masses appeased to avoid a major issue down the road. I’m one of few that will call them out, and try to make others voice their opinions. Sometimes I’m wrong, but sometimes I present opinions that are shared by others that prefer to stay silent to avoid conflict.

Comment

Working...
                                X