X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you bowhunt?

So I can answer this question 4-5 times a year on here[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

So I can hunt Midwest rut, the challenge and tradition.

Comment

Been bow only for all 4 legged creatures I hunt since 96. Love the challenge and the preparation,etc, it requires. I'm 55 now and know one day I'll pickup a gun again but hopefully not for awhile longer. Hunt birds with a gun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Challenge of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            So I can get on TBH and read about all the rifle hunters making fun of bow hunters needing a tracking dog.
            I was pretty sure it was so you could join the other hypocrites complaining about rifle hunters

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
              I was pretty sure it was so you could join the other hypocrites complaining about rifle hunters
              texasBOWhunter.com
              Last edited by Radar; 01-11-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Because I haven’t mastered my Rambo knife kill yet. But I’m close.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Based on the last couple of seasons, I bow hunt because I never have to get my hands bloody and I never have to resharpen my knives!

Lol...this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

To tell the truth I haven’t bow hunted since high school. I joined a few years back when I wanted to get back into it, but have since realized I just don’t have the time to dedicate to it. Plus I don’t enjoy deer hunting anyways. Hogs and varmints are what gets my blood boiling. I enjoy the talk here, and read through far more than I participate though. I mostly hang out in the campfire and other side though, as that’s what I know. I do scroll through bow only conversations, as I still enjoy learning. I just have come to the conclusion that I won’t have the time to dedicate to bow hunting to be as efficient as I should without giving up other hobbies.

Comment

texasBOWhunter.com
                      Ah so that word in there gives you the right to be an uppity ******* to other sportsmen just because they deem another challenging method to be their choice when in fact their method is no less efficient than the one you chose.

Comment

I do it because it is fun. Also I find rifle hunting way to easy for my taste.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          Ah so that word in there gives you the right to be an uppity ******* to other sportsmen just because they deem another challenging method to be their choice when in fact their method is no less efficient than the one you chose.
                          Do you bow hunt?

Comment

Do you bow hunt?

See post 39

Comment

The whole point of the question is this. Why would this group dog pile a good person because he chose a less efficient method to take game? He wants a challenge, and practices to ensure he’s up to that challenge. Just like y’all do as bow hunters. Those specifically doing it for the challenge, which bow hunting is a less efficient method of taking game as well compared to rifles at normal distances as well. If you’re capable, and confident in your ability to make the shot then that’s all that should matter. I’m not seeing him call the dogs, which is more than I can say for many of the 20-40 yd hunters in here.

Comment

By the way this isn’t a knock on bow hunters. It’s a knock on *******s being *******s. I fully enjoyed the bow when I did, and if time permitted I’d pick it up again.

Comment

Working...
                                X