No announcement yet.

I got a ticket rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a side note, if you do go the court route and win could you sue in small claims court for time lost from work and associated expenses?
    Last edited by JonBoy; 01-11-2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      That's BS!! I'd tell them I'm pleading not guilty. Set a trial date. I'm not paying a ticket dismissal fee for something like this.

I have done this twice, it was very satisfying both times!!

Comment

oh my bad.....but I gotta get my quota and by the way you still gotta pay, sorry for the inconvenience......yeah..... I dont know why this blows my mind anymore.

Comment

Things could be worse. I just watched a YouTube vid yesterday where a young mother was detained for 45 minutes by TSA because she didn’t want her bottled breast milk ran through the X-ray machine. I immediately thought of the thread about the poor old gubment workers going without pay. Those particular ones needed a good azz kicking.

Comment

Well, this sucks...

I think I would have thought long and hard about a trial. I think...

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
              A money grab that's all it is, all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Comment

thats BS

Comment

I think I would be calling the county attorney or the DA and talking to them about that. Surely they can have all charges dropped.

You said trooper - this was a Texas State Trooper or was it a local LEO? Most troopers are smarter than that.

Comment

I would have been mad too! It is ridiculous that the system is designed to cost money, even when there was no fault.

Comment

Sucks, but good grief, "Go to court out of principle"?

I wouldn't spend time going to court if it was $100. Your time is worth more than $20. What exactly are those of you suggesting that thinking it's going to accomplish? Showing them you won't be pushed around? No one will know, remember, etc. and nothing will change.

Just chalk it up to garbage government and don't make a bad situation worse.

Comment

That would tick me off too. They can charge the $22 to whatever department wrote the ticket. It can be their punishment for writing a ticket that could not be prosecuted.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                          Sucks, but good grief, "Go to court out of principle"?

I wouldn't spend time going to court if it was $100. Your time is worth more than $20. What exactly are those of you suggesting that thinking it's going to accomplish? Showing them you won't be pushed around? No one will know, remember, etc. and nothing will change.

Just chalk it up to garbage government and don't make a bad situation worse.
                          And this line of thinking is why things don’t change.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            I think that would pizz me off just enough to go to court over.
                            You did not break any law, you had clearly paid for new registration regardless what any system malfunctions might be saying.
                            There are not many things that pizz me off like the DMV
                            AMEN

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                              And this line of thinking is why things don’t change.
                              No, that line of thinking is common sense. You going to court, wasting your own time, and likely getting the same result is screwing yourself and no one else.

Governments suck at running things. Newsflash. That's been the case since the dawn of time.

Comment

Seems like the trooper was inexperienced or not real bright. I have come across this issue a few times in my career and will make the stop and see the sticker. I usually explain the reason for the stop and then let em go on their way. When there is any question whatsoever, the benefit of the doubt should always fall in favor of the violator....not the state. I saw a lot of hardcore tactics in new and super gung-ho guys but this is ridiculous. There should be a complaint number listed on the bottom of the ticket. I wouldn't want the guy to get in trouble but his Sergeant should know and address this.

Comment

Working...
                                X